Pioneer DJM 909 mixer....Hot or Not?????

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
whats the word? I can get one in good shape for around 3-4 bills..dont these sell for $7-900? they good? whats the word,bird?

Comments

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    In my opinion Hot to deezy! I love this mixer.

• In my opinion Hot to deezy! I love this mixer.

yeah??? more more..this could be Xmas material..pros..cons. lets hear it if you have the time(no beer o'clock)

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    It's dope.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    DJ Shortkut owns one and he's a big, big fan. However, as someone else pointed out, the 909 has a lot of bells and whistles, all of which just means more shit to break. If you don't already have an EFX processor, then you could say it'd save you the cost of having to buy both a new mixer and processor. If you already have one though, I'm not sure the high price tag would be worth it.

I was seriously thinking about getting one but ultimatley, the cost was too much.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh you are paying the extra loot for the effects processor, when you can get the Pioneer Effects box in the (PRICE REMOVED BECAUSE I AM OUT TO LUNCH) range.

umm yeh my bad no sleep... that was 3-500 range... my bad.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    yeh you are paying the extra loot for the effects processor, when you can get the Pioneer Effects box in the $150 range.

Whaaaaa? Where?? The lowest I've seen is the high 3 bills.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    yeh you are paying the extra loot for the effects processor, when you can get the Pioneer Effects box in the $150 range.

Whaaaaa? Where?? The lowest I've seen is the high 3 bills.
    Yup. We ain't talkin' bout some cheap ass Gemini mixer....
    Deals must be coming thru at the pawn shop, H**th.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    It's dope.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh I am out of it. I need to stop posting after 18 hours of working.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    yeh I am out of it. I need to stop posting after 18 hours of working.
    I need to stop posting after drinking 10 beers...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Honestly, I thought about selling my Rane and Pioneer EFX and just getting that to save space/hassle but there were a few things that kept me from doing it.

I'm not too fond of the faders, the up faders are standard contact faders that will wear out over time, the price, something going wrong and deading the whole mixer, etc...

But I think it's a great mixer regardless of all that.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    -26 eqs..........it's not total kills. For that high price, you would think they would have included that. Also sound quality is definitely not at Rane/Allen & Heath level.

However, you're paying for the tight intergration of efx unit w/mixer. You can pull off some very dope tricks on the fly, ones that are probably too tough to do w/ a separate unit due to time constraints. Look for that shorkut/jpn video to see what's up.

if you can get a deal like that though, it's a good look.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    -26 eqs..........it's not total kills. For that high price, you would think they would have included that. Also sound quality is definitely not at Rane/Allen & Heath level.

However, you're paying for the tight intergration of efx unit w/mixer. You can pull off some very dope tricks on the fly, ones that are probably too tough to do w/ a separate unit due to time constraints. Look for that shorkut/jpn video to see what's up.

if you can get a deal like that though, it's a good look.

i need to see this video homie

• parenparen 537 Posts
    over a year later, it's still fire hot.

ROLL effect like whoa.

• ok, I think I am sold. For the low price..it's time to get rid of the 05Pro

• it's time to get rid of the 05Pro

I really need to do the same. I am really getting tired mine, but its going to be a while before I can replace it.