Don't Look Now... (Playoff Edition)

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central

...but the C's are off and running, stomping on Indy like tha cock-a-roaches they are! Ok, ok, one game is too early to run my mouth, by I am getting amped for these playoffs now, man!!

Yo, if Kelly Clarkson's down, you KNOW the boys are going to the Finals! Hop on the bandwagon now, while there's still room!

"I...I...BURY those cock-a-roaches!"

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I didn't catch the Boston v. Indy game last night, but this Bulls v. Wizards game is really dope! Pure energy out there.

I wonder how Denver is gonna match up against San Antonio...Phoenix on, blah, blah, blah...I'll be a zombie in front of the TV until June.

The Spurs just missed 17 straight shot attempts from the floor in the 4th quarter and lost to Denver...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    they sure did

and youre telling me the nba aint fixed????

for real though, thats some crazy shit

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    Poor Wizards
    My dudes are trying to be in it to win it, but GILBERT come on man

ps I love Kelly Clarkson

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Man, I wish my Sixers could get their shit together. The problem is that we have some idiots in the front office!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

ps I love Kelly Clarkson

Sorry, I just don't see it (on the physical tip) and her vocals leave A LOT to be desired. File under White girls that can blow (vocally): Joss Stone. Ole' girl is raw bizness!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Man, I wish my Sixers could get their shit together. The problem is that we have some idiots in the front office!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I am right there with you Big Stacks.

That first quarter yesterday was pretty nice. But I knew it couldn't last.

Yeah, idiots in the front office. I do have to say Iguodala has impressed me though.

ps I love Kelly Clarkson

Sorry, I just don't see it (on the physical tip) and her vocals leave A LOT to be desired. File under White girls that can blow (vocally): Joss Stone. Ole' girl is raw bizness!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I think she's actually got a pretty decent amount of oomph vocally. "Since You've Been Gone," I listen to that shit and I like "she really can breathe for the first time I BELIEVE YOU KELLY" this is not some Hillary Duff style anger. Or like Rueben Stoddard where you have to love "Sorry 2004" because it's just so absurd. It's like, hey, you won a television show about singing and you are good at singing! I feel that!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Why are you not a Buck's fan?!

Just playin'. I lost all interest in them when they traded away Ray Ray.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Iguodala has impressed me

I don't have cable. Does he bring anything besides spectacular dunks?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i'm tired of the spurs. i'm really looking for denver to pull the upset.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Iguodala has impressed me

I don't have cable. Does he bring anything besides spectacular dunks?

Real good defense- from day one he's been sticking the opponent's biggest offensive threats at the 2 and doing a good job. Really frustrated ya boy Kobe in one of their matchups, I remember. He can create his own shot and has a nice outside j, too. He's a player, no question. His biggest problem is that he's on the same team as that other A.I., so he's just not gonna touch the ball very much.

I'm from North Carolina and I don't like the Bucks or the Packers. Sixers and (Dallas) Cowboys all the way!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

yo im down w/ kelly clarkson... possibly the only american idol winner/loser who is actually doing something. besides i like her songs. dont judge.

damn good to see Alonzo mourning doing his thang in Miami! it looks like its a crapshoot this year, no clear winner... but if i had to choose id go with Miami and Phoenix.

ben gordon is straight killin fools. ROY?

-rich

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

I'm from North Carolina and I don't like the Bucks or the Packers.

We're gonna have to have a little talk when I move back down to Madison.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    buxks had their chance but it went out with Ray. i dont know why Mason isnt a star. he has the tools but i guess its cuz he plays in Mill. Redd is the man. bring him to chicago. id give up Gordon for him

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    buxks had their chance but it went out with Ray. i dont know why Mason isnt a star. he has the tools but i guess its cuz he plays in Mill. Redd is the man. bring him to chicago. id give up Gordon for him

Hey, Emmitt (if that's your real name), my friend and I were just discussing this last night. Perhaps you can clarify for us the timing of the Bucks' demise. We were talking about the George Carl effect in Denver and how maybe the Bucks' demise coincided with his departure. No doubt it also had to do with Ray's departure, as well. Who left first and what's your overall opinion?

i think karl has the energy to motivate players in the beginning. he sparked it in seattle, milwaukee and denver. i think that he may lose the players' respect or something after a season or two. he never lasts. kind of like larry brown except he gets fired all the time. i think hes a great coach tho. i dont know why he has been maligned in the past. he was out after ray left. just having to caoch cassell AND payton is reason enough to leave Sanityville.

the ray allen situation? i cant call that. he must have seen that the ship was going down. plus i think they wanted to make Redd the man so Allen bounced.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This doesn't relate to anything that's been discussed in the thread thus far... I just thought it was an important image:

pookie radmonovich

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

You knew it was coming.

This doesn't relate to anything that's been discussed in the thread thus far... I just thought it was an important image:

Dude's hair is like when middle school girls go to Jamaica with their parents on school break and come back and everyone coos and goes "How exotic!"

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Dude's hair is like when middle school girls go to Jamaica with their parents on school break and come back and everyone coos and goes "How exotic!"

funny and very very true

Dude's hair is like

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Ok, ok, one game is too early to run my mouth

and indeed it was too early, although I thought they were gonna pull this one out, Paul Pierce was a monster[/b] in the 2nd half, but Reggie Miller was on some yo-it's-1992 shit...how old is he, anyway? Jesus, getting beat by an octogenerian?
    "not a good look."

This series is bananas.

Celts had best seal the deal on home court tomorrow.

Boston press is beating up on PP saying he almost blew it. Dude shoulda kept his cool, but I wish the NBA had an unsportsmanlike "flopping" provision like the NHL does, that kind of acting is pu**y. Pierce's shirt-swinging exit was lo-cash, but we all get weird when shit hits the fan.

I know the Pacers are everyone's feel-good-story of the year, but f*ck that team.

Reggie Miller is Captain Fuc*ing Buzzkill, and I will be doing a Neutron Dance when that bitch retires next year.

[/shellshocked rant]

Oddly enough, I'm all about Indiana winning this series so Detroit can put the final hurting on Reggie and the Pussers. I want to see us clean the floor with their faces and come full circle from the fight in Novemeber. I don't want any bullshit though, no more brawling, just a solid, heated series. Playoffs needs to have as much drama as possible.

I can understand, like, "This time it's personal."

But, sorry, I don't see these frauds getting out of Boston alive tomorrow.

When we see you in the East Finals, it will be some real game, don't worry.

Like, hardcroe.

not to push the jpeg tempo, but if you are a Reggie hater, you can appreciate this image of him being a bitch (dig the finger, tryin' to toss Pierce himself, the NBA's first player-ref!):

and this Ricky Davis moment:

"Yo, puff puff PASS God, puff puff PASS!"[/b]

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I think my Celts vs. the Pistons will be a decent match-up. Damn I hope they can put Reggie and his team to bed tomorrow night.

How bout my man Al Jefferson - the rookie...due is going to be sick in a few years to come - he's only 20. Once he gets more minutes he'll be an 18ppg 14rpg type of guy.

Hahaha...man, can somebody find and post a picture of Pierce at the post game new conference with what looked like a damned pair of pantyhouse tied around his head to anchor his injured ear?

(I'm supposed to be writing a paper)