TEMPTATIONS ALBUM HELP

idraltidralt 12 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
What album is The Temptation's "I Don't Know What It Is (But It Sure Is Funky)" on. I know it's the sample used for Common's "The Corner". I'm trying to find it on wax...so any help here.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

or use the search function on here. We've talked about it.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    according to allmusic.com, that was Ripple, not the Temptations. Although the Temptations did like those long ass song titles...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    What album is The Temptation's "I Don't Know What It Is (But It Sure Is Funky)" on. I know it's the sample used for Common's "The Corner". I'm trying to find it on wax...so any help here.

solid rock

shit is one of my fav records everrrrrrrrrr

• What album is The Temptation's "I Don't Know What It Is (But It Sure Is Funky)" on. I know it's the sample used for Common's "The Corner". I'm trying to find it on wax...so any help here.

EVERYONE of your fucking posts has been a "tell me this" tip. fuck off.

• idraltidralt 12 Posts
    wow...I must have misinterpretted a forum full of people that know older music as a place to ask questions...soulstrut happens to have more of a record knowledge than the breaks does, and you answer posts much faster as well...thanks to all those who helped answer my question

ehuffman, since I like to only post "tell me this" posts, answer this one...can you tell me why you are a huge dickhead?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    wow...I must have misinterpretted a forum full of people that know older music as a place to ask questions...soulstrut happens to have more of a record knowledge than the breaks does, and you answer posts much faster as well...thanks to all those who helped answer my question

ehuffman, since I like to only post "tell me this" posts, answer this one...can you tell me why you are a huge dickhead?

whoah...slowdown here Eric is a seriously nice cat with deep record knowledge and mad amounts of generousity.

Soulstrut is not a site that can be used as a reference center only, you got to give so that you can take, you should be glad you got the help you got from us already, getting pissy when you ain't given us nothing but beginning digger questions is not a good look.

and if you gonna keep this up you seriously need to look for a new spot before you get clowned or banned from here

• wow...I must have misinterpretted a forum full of people that know older music as a place to ask questions...soulstrut happens to have more of a record knowledge than the breaks does, and you answer posts much faster as well...thanks to all those who helped answer my question

why are you treating soulstrut like a fucking drive through? So you need information and you pop over here, ask a bunch of questions, expect answers and you havent contributed shit? Sure, I'm the dickhead. want me to quanitfy this?

here's your posts to date:

1. I'm wondering what some good 45 labels are to look for...when it comes to LPs, I know labels and artists to look for and I know what a lot of the covers of records I'm looking for look like...but I go to this one record spot and dude has thousands upon thousands of 45s and I don't know much about good labels and rare labels to look for...and it's one of those places where you KNOW there is some good rare stuff just waiting to be dug up...so anybody got any recommendations of labels (and perhaps label scans for visual support)...I'll be going back to this place Saturday morning and I'm hopng to pick up some major 45s...thanks in advance

2. somebody mentioned something about galaxy...I heard they have good records and to keep an eye out for that label...anybody got any other recommendations?

3. mylatency: I actually asked the same question at the-breaks.com...I figured since the breaks is more of a sample-based forum with people who know records vs here where I think of it as a record-knowledge based forum with people who know samples, I'd ask here...regardless, thanks for taking the time to post your lame ass response

to everyone else: thanks for your help...I don't expect rare at this place, I'm sure it's been dug by thousands of people...I basically consider it dry from an LP standpoint because I've dug that place to shit, but he keeps bringing new stuff in and buying new collections on set days so I check out his recent pick-ups...the 45 thing is something I've always wanted to get into but always knew so little and I guess that's what sort of kept me away, regardless, I'll take all of your advice...I have a handytrax and I got all day Saturday..I'll let you all know if I find some good stuff

4. I'm trying to find the song "In The Beginning" by Lonnie Liston Smith but I can't find it anywhere. What album is this song on. Also, I'm looking for any info on a group (or artist) called Chinkabun. Thanks in advance for the help.

5. Thanks for the reply...yeah, actually I've found if I want to know any information about records or artists I should post here. I've posted actual record questions both here and on the-breaks the past 4 times I've had questions and every time I get like 4 replys with an answer here and nothing there. I love the-breaks website but they suck as far as useful knowledge of records...

6. Anybody ever heard of a group (or artist) called Chinkabun...looking for any information about him/her/them...any albums or time period or country...whatever

7. I'm trying to figure out some info about this album I saw...it's got a sort of orangeish and bluish background and it's a picture of a black woman's face and her huge afro and the word 'HAIR' is center top over part of her fro...anybody know what I'm talking about here...I don't know how to post pictures but I do have the picture saved on my CPU...if someone tells me how to, I can post the pic to help

8. What album is The Temptation's "I Don't Know What It Is (But It Sure Is Funky)" on. I know it's the sample used for Common's "The Corner". I'm trying to find it on wax...so any help here.

9. The above post

10. generation gap has an album where they play the theme from shaft and some other songs...not sure how good the cover of shaft is but I know the album has a madvillain sample on it (family affair)

Lots of tell me tell me....not so much on the knowledge.

doesnt work with you, you've already been there and nobody answered your shit.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

solid rock

Great LP, and I think there is confusion between the Temps track on Solid Rock, whic is entitled "What It Is"

and the Ripple song "I Don't Know What It Is(But It Sure Is Funky)"

y'all need a sandwich.....

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

solid rock

Great LP, and I think there is confusion between the Temps track on Solid Rock, whic is entitled "What It Is"

and the Ripple song "I Don't Know What It Is(But It Sure Is Funky)"

ahhh... I assumed it was Solid Rock, but then I checked my copy & no such song was listed.

DOPE record!

• edubedub 715 Posts

y'all need a sandwich.....

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

speaking of your posts, what were the results of that spot for 45s? that would be a good start to contributing, and i'm curious to see if you found some good stuff.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

ahhh... I assumed it was Solid Rock, but then I checked my copy & no such song was listed.