Beef (RR)

CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
All the beef is entertaining, but I am having flash backs of when I was a kid and there were 14 of us living in our house and all trying to kill each other. I miss record day and music related threads. So in keeping with both beef and records. What is your favorite musical beef? East vs. West...LL vs. Steady B...Nas vs. Jay Z but not just hip hop...Steven Tyler vs. what ever the guitarist dude from Aerosmith???s name is...Keith vs. Mick...Little Richard vs. Liberace (I don't know if this happened but it would be funny)...John Tesh vs Yanni...any Jazz or Funk feuds out there...discus

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    All the beef is entertaining, but I am having flash backs of when I was a kid and there were 14 of us living in our house and all trying to kill each other. I miss record day and music related threads. So in keeping with both beef and records. What is your favorite musical beef?

East vs. West...LL vs. Steady B...Nas vs. Jay Z
    but not just hip hop...Steven Tyler vs. what ever the guitarist dude from Aerosmith???s name is...Keith vs. Mick...Little Richard vs. Liberace (I don't know if this happened but it would be funny)...John Tesh vs Yanni...any Jazz or Funk feuds out there...discus
    The East vs. West beef was weak and I hated every minute of that shit. Nas and Jay-Z was quite entertaining. Better yet, Jada vs. B.Sigel...
    Little Richard vs. Liberace,...yeah that would be a trip if that's true.

• All the beef is entertaining, but I am having flash backs of when I was a kid and there were 14 of us living in our house and all trying to kill each other. I miss record day and music related threads. So in keeping with both beef and records. What is your favorite musical beef?

East vs. West...LL vs. Steady B...Nas vs. Jay Z
    but not just hip hop...Steven Tyler vs. what ever the guitarist dude from Aerosmith???s name is...Keith vs. Mick...Little Richard vs. Liberace (I don't know if this happened but it would be funny)...John Tesh vs Yanni...any Jazz or Funk feuds out there...discus
    The East vs. West beef was weak and I hated every minute of that shit. Nas and Jay-Z was quite entertaining. Better yet, Jada vs. B.Sigel...

Little Richard vs. Liberace,...yeah that would be a trip if that's true.

I agree about East vs. West beef nothing good came out of that shit at all...

• I like the East Coast Ventriloquist dummies vs West Coast ventriloquist dummies from Mr. Show (i.e. Professor Murder)...

I like the East Coast Ventriloquist dummies vs West Coast ventriloquist dummies from Mr. Show (i.e. Professor Murder)...
    link please.

• Carlos Santana VS Gene Simmons

funniest beef I have heard about in while

holy shit details please!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    gnr vs nirvana

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I like the East Coast Ventriloquist dummies vs West Coast ventriloquist dummies from Mr. Show (i.e. Professor Murder)...

THAT shit was funny! Mr. Show was on some

• I like the East Coast Ventriloquist dummies vs West Coast ventriloquist dummies from Mr. Show (i.e. Professor Murder)...

THAT shit was funny! Mr. Show was on some

I like how the ventriloquists are waiting outside the conference room where the dummies are holding a "summitt", expecting something to happen...

holy shit details please!

Carlos Santana was badmouthing Gene and his band's "non music played by non musicians"...kinda funny, I know Gene is an arrogant soapboxing prick, but I dont think he said anything bad about Carlos to begin with, so i dont know the background of these statements...Carlos was pretentious enough to say shit like "John Coltrane is a musician, Kiss are not musicians"...well duh, Carlos, I dont think anyone puts coltrane and Kiss in the same camp.
    I will try and find the original transcript. My 2...I listen to Kiss a hell of lot more than Santana, shit, I listen to Malo more than Santana..and Kiss records have made my ears happier a thousandn times more than Santana records...congas, fusiony noodling and new age rhetoric...yawn.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    gnr vs nirvana

what?????

never heard of this one, please explain.

Axl had beef with everybody(but nirvana?)I remember his beef with Vince Neal (motley crue).

Nirvana hated Pearl Jam, but nothing came about it.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    gnr vs nirvana

what?????

Axl had beef with everybody(but nirvana?)I remember his beef with Vince Neal (motley crue).

I remember Vince Neal publicly offering to hand Axl his ass on several occasions, and I have no doubt he could have too. Axl was a big talker, not much on backing up threats.

I never heard of any G'nR vs Nirvana....

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i remember reading that axl actually got knocked out by dude,or maybe thats something my mind made up.

santana would murk kiss and thier army.santana=that dude

• santana would murk kiss and thier army.santana=that dude

nah dude.

• Of all the rap beefs, Common v. Ice Cube produced the best songs, i.e. ones that are still listenable even outside of the beef context. I guess KRS v. MC Shan also produced a few bangers.

Of all the rap beefs, Common v. Ice Cube produced the best songs, i.e. ones that are still listenable even outside of the beef context. I guess KRS v. MC Shan also produced a few bangers.

the bitch in yoo is classic.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    gnr vs nirvana

what?????

Nirvana had beef with GNR stemming from 1992 MTV Music Video awards. Apparently, Kur(d)T and Courtney were backstage with their newborn Frances and Axl walked by. They began shouting to him, asking him to be godfather of their child. Axl flipped and started threatening them. I saw Nirvana the next day at a benefit show here in PDX and they got really into it. Talking about how stupid it is to play piano on a faux harley seat (like Axl during November rain the night before). At one point they let this kid get onstage and he begins to defend Axl. Krist and the kid full on debated in front thousands of people for at least 5 minutes. Finally, the debate was over and they blew up on some Rape Me shit. I always respected them after that.

• not really a beef, but i saw a Jane's Addiction documentary (maybe VH1 Behind the Music?) where Navarro describes how they and GNR used to use the same studio right after each other. the JA guys thought GNR was a bunch a poptarts (quite true) and they used to ice grill each other in the halls.

• not really a beef, but i saw a Jane's Addiction documentary (maybe VH1 Behind the Music?) where Navarro describes how they and GNR used to use the same studio right after each other. the JA guys thought GNR was a bunch a poptarts (quite true) and they used to ice grill each other in the halls.

I think he is a good guitar player and all but....

this man calling anyone a poptart is laughable.

yeah it's easy to say that now that dude's become a media whore (complete with MTV reality show). but look at what JA was doing back then and what GNR was doing. JA was writing some great songs and really pushing the limits a little. GNR was just a hold-over hairband from a slightly earlier era (albeit a technically pretty good one considering the competition). add to that the fact that GNR was blowing up ridiculously while JA was still grinding. you can sort of understand Navarro's sentiment.

yeah it's easy to say that now that dude's become a media whore (complete with MTV reality show). but look at what JA was doing back then and what GNR was doing. JA was writing some great songs and really pushing the limits a little. GNR was just a hold-over hairband from a slightly earlier era (albeit a technically pretty good one considering the competition). add to that the fact that GNR was blowing up ridiculously while JA was still grinding. you can sort of understand Navarro's sentiment.

I agree musically JA G&R but I still think its funny considering Daves current pop tart status.