first black female president ??

Comments

• I could see Cheney stepping down. Being a polititian takes work. He was in long enough to lace up the finances so him and his people don't have to work no more. You're welcome, dick.

• I could see Cheney stepping down. Being a polititian takes work. He was in long enough to lace up the finances so him and his people don't have to work no more. You're welcome, dick.

it would be pretty funny to cross both of those hurdles in one swoop. Kinda like ripping off a bandaid i spose?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    did you know that germany's new chancellor is a woman? her name is angela merkel. i doubt that the parliament will approve her, but currently she's being called our new chancellor.

there are some female prsidents though. Sorry, my reply is a little off-topic. I just wanted you to have a look at Miss Merkel. She looks freaky, doesn't she?

"You gets no butt, dogg" [/b]

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

there are some female prsidents though.

In the world, yes....in the US....it may be a while.
    Condi even in the VP seat would send many people into spasms BECAUSE she is a Black Woman. I would be in spasms because she is Condi Rice, scourge of honest, hardworking people worldwide, a person whose integrity knows only severe limitations.

• I would be in spasms because she is Condi Rice, scourge of honest, hardworking people worldwide, a person whose integrity knows only severe limitations.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

"if there was a black vice president, i'd shoot the president"

• He was in long enough to lace up the finances so him and his people don't have to work no more. You're welcome, dick.

Cheney was incredibly rich before he became vice president. None of these folls would have had to ever work again. The presidency/vice presidency actually do not pay a lot (in relative terms).

FYI

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I would be in spasms because she is Condi Rice, scourge of honest, hardworking people worldwide, a person whose integrity knows only severe limitations.
    ....and Condi Rice ain't black, IMO.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

"if there was a black vice president, i'd shoot the president"

Funny as hell.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I would be in spasms because she is Condi Rice, scourge of honest, hardworking people worldwide, a person whose integrity knows only severe limitations.

She's only black to 'wingers who like to be able to point to her and say, "See? Bush looooooves black people! Look, there's one standing next to him right now! Ssshhhhh, don't make any sudden moves--that send blacks into a berserker rage and they become a whirling dervish, all fists and elbows and ebonics!"

She's only black to 'wingers who like to be able to point to her and say, "See? Bush looooooves black people! Look, there's one standing next to him right now! Ssshhhhh, don't make any sudden moves--that send blacks into a berserker rage and they become a whirling dervish, all fists and elbows and ebonics!"
    Haha! Exactly.
    Seriously though, most black folk ain't feeling her, at all.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

I know some older people from her neighborhood in Birmingham who described her & her family as

uppity[/b]

hmmm.

I know some older people from her neighborhood in Birmingham who described her & her family as

uppity[/b]

hmmm.
    that ain't hard to tell, Graf.
    anyone could spot her bougie-ness miles away.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

uppity[/b]

hmmm.

I have a family member who she sought out years ago. They had lunch. My cousin said she got the impression that there was nothing Condi wouldn't do to get ahead.

Dan

uppity[/b]

hmmm.

I have a family member who she sought out years ago. They had lunch. My cousin said she got the impression that there was nothing Condi wouldn't do to get ahead.

Dan

I still say she's closeted on top of all her other issues.

uppity[/b]

hmmm.

Dan
    That's scary, considering the position she holds in the political arena.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

George is feeling her plenty.

Dan

• kozzkozz 17 Posts
    he held on long enough to forge the intellegence that lead the United States into war so that halliburton could reap insane profits in reconstruction contracts in iraq. thats all sown up he can retire now. dude's got a faulty ticker after all.

hopefully fitzgerald can really make the shit hit the fan for these fuckers...but we'll see.

George is feeling her plenty.

Dan

uppity[/b]

hmmm.

Dan
    That
    only makes sense[/b], considering the positions she has been able to secure for herself.

uppity[/b]

hmmm.

Dan
    That
    only makes sense[/b], considering the positions she has been able to secure for herself.

That's even more formidable. I wouldn't be shocked, if she's elected president/vice president.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

She's only black to 'wingers who like to be able to point to her and say, "See?

i beg to differ. i'm pretty sure that in 1955, she'd be walking through the right door.

And if she's not Black - then what is she?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    She needs a fucking perm!!!

That is all.

• I would be in spasms because she is Condi Rice, scourge of honest, hardworking people worldwide, a person whose integrity knows only severe limitations.

i beg to differ. i'm pretty sure that in 1955, she'd be walking through the right door.

True indeed. I find it odd how many (white) people want to discount the Black movement on the right as being "unblack"...

There is a Black conservative population who feel that the right wing represents their interests socially and economically. These are not freak radical ideologues, they are generally middle class folks who have conservative social tendencies (ie not looking favorably on "alternative" lifestyles/families) and subscribe to a conservative economic philosophy. They are not any less "Black" because of their ideas...

Ding ding ding ding!

This reminds me of a black comedian who said, "I have a white friend who always says, 'You're so well-spoken! Sometimes I forget you're even black.' Oh really? Lemme start dating your sister and we'll see how quickly you remember."

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I know. That's the irony of the whole thing. As soon as somebody brings up the Bush administration's...well, let's be charitable and say "generally uncaring attitude" toward the majority of blacks in this country, wingers will point to Condi as proof that, in fact, Bush is a terrific fan of blacks. Similarly, as soon as somebody points out how Bush's policies favor the rich massively over the poor and that "rich" in this country skews predominantly white and "poor" skews to minorities, wingers point to Condi's "up by the bootstraps" story.

Meanwhile, for the reasons listed above, the majority of the black community (not all, but the majority) don't care about Condi and don't think she represents them, yet Condi is Bush's go-to person to diffuse any criticism of his treatment of blacks.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    As soon as somebody brings up the Bush administration's...well, let's be charitable and say "generally uncaring attitude" toward the majority of blacks in this country, wingers will point to Condi as proof that, in fact, Bush is a terrific fan of blacks.

We like to call them "tokens".