"Rass" pressing question/prize czech

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Rass German pressing - before/after/contemporaneous with the US press?Aside from the hideous cover, worth any less per se?

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    The German prsseing says "produced 1974" (European Edition). Maybe this was released in the US at the same time? The recording was done in Jamaica. Is there a Jamaican release too?

What label is the US pressing on? The US pressing has a different cover?

• The German prsseing says "produced 1974" (European Edition). Maybe this was released in the US at the same time? The recording was done in Jamaica. Is there a Jamaican release too?

What label is the US pressing on? The US pressing has a different cover?

The US press has this cover:

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Oh yeah, I remember now! Totally forgot about it.

I think the German pressing was first. What's the serial number of the US release? My German NM copy wasn't sold (I asked for 45 USD). I see the German pressing on eBay.de from time to time. It's not that expensive. Usually around 40 to 50 US Dollars. Don't know what the current rate for the US pressing is.

• Options

I think the German pressing was first. What's the serial number of the US release? My German NM copy wasn't sold (I asked for 45 USD). I see the German pressing on eBay.de from time to time. It's not that expensive. Usually around 40 to 50 US Dollars. Don't know what the current rate for the US pressing is.

'bout that.

K.

• Oh yeah, I remember now! Totally forgot about it.

'bout that.

K.

US press will still move for $75 in NYC.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

'bout that.

K.

US press will still move for $75 in NYC.

That sounds about right. eBay prices would probably be anywhere b/t $50-75, maybe a little higher but I get the sense that this LP isn't as high in demand these days as it was a few years back.

• can we melt this into the deadbeat thread?

translated:

anyone seen Fusion Unlimited? he's been owing me a trade for Ras for over 3 years.

i always wondered why is ras so hard to catch??

• Fusion is never gonna give you that Rass, and probably sold it... a lot of his collection got sold I think?

• can we melt this into the deadbeat thread?

translated:

anyone seen Fusion Unlimited? he's been owing me a trade for Ras for over 3 years.

i always wondered why is ras so hard to catch??

Monty is quite some favourite around German heads.

I really don??t know why I just sold all remaining albums of him, I had left in my collection on the record fair on sunday AT ONCE.

You can put a "30" to "40" and "M/M" on those and it??s only a matter of time until they are getting caught!

And to be honest RASS! was the only one I have NOT listened to as I had it in larger quantities - mistake ?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    this holds a special place in my heart as it was one of those records that got me interested in looking for old stuff. Thanks to gangstabitchbeatnutsaiightchill high school fun.....

• My German NM copy wasn't sold (I asked for 45 USD).

If you still want to sell your German copy for $45, I'll buy it