DJ Platurn DJ Enki--"Blendapella"

DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I don't think I've mentioned this on here. I must be slipping in my old age. Anyway, the homie DJ Platurn and I put together this little rap de rap show--60 minutes of blending, "all mixed, remixed, and cut the funk up by 'the immortal hands of' DJ Platurn and DJ Enki." Beats and rhymes by the likes of Rakim, Biz Markie, Whodini, MC Shan, Super Lover Cee, Kool G Rap, Ice-T, King Tee, Lyrics Born, and a bunch of others get all switched around and stuff. Check some of the advanced praise:"This mix CD is REALLY dope... seriously all that and a bag of chips... no strike that, a side salad... with ranch... and bacon bits."-DJ Z-Trip"This shit is tight."-Joe Quixx"It's dope, but it needs more Kanye West."-Kanye West"It reminds me of when Large Professor produced 'T.R.O.Y.' and I put my name on it. Or I produced 'T.R.O.Y.' and asked Large Professor what he thought. What was the rumor again? Anyway, the point is, this CD is the illest."-Pete Rock"Why you gotta be using our beats like that?"-Paul Nice and Young Einstein OK, so I made up the last three testimonials, but it's still a CD you should buy for yourself, family, friends, far-flung foes, etc. You can hear a couple clips here and you can order it here.Like Bartles & Jaymes, thank you for your support.

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I'll vouch for this one. Copped it at Groove Merchant. Ill mixing for sure. Definitely not enough Kanye though.

• co-sign. this CD is dope. i swapped out Platurn's De La mix to make room in my changer. and I have no regrets. just kidding L*ke! i'm currently rocking them both!

• What up Enki...
    Cool now I can give Spair & King Most's recent CDs company...
    As well as a review next issue...

• wait Spair's got a new one too? Sorry to hijack, just trying to keep up on my Oakland Faders news...

• Spair's working on a new one, shouldn't be too long now...
    He and I may get around to a "more mixchief" cd soon too, been discusssing it.

Nice work on that blendapella joint, P**e and L**e!

• wait Spair's got a new one too? Sorry to hijack, just trying to keep up on my Oakland Faders news...

Oop, nah I just 'Fader Nation' Vol 1 that Spair sent me. I was playing it today...

A shit-hot recent mix CD is DJ DOUGH & PORGE 1's - Heads Ain't Ready...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    What up Enki...
    Cool now I can give Spair & King Most's recent CDs company...
    As well as a review next issue...

A review would be much appreciated--lemme know if/when it drops.

And thanks for the props, all. Glad to hear we've made it into some folks' rotation.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Ees good. Peete, I leek eet.

JEEBUS its about time I got one of these lil' mix CDs out there. Got one in progress right now... focus time.