who's heard the new MOP?

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• haven't heard it, but someone told me it's disappointing. the joint with jay is dope though.

• i second that, it isnt really that good....they threw on the that old dirty joint with premo and had Lil fame verse....i am just thinking these are just through away tracks

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    yeah i wasnt feeling it, i guess they had one more record left to drop under contract?, otherwise im sure this never would have dropped, now that they are on g unit.

i will be anticipating that new shit tho, MOP on dre (scott storch/hi tek) beats...

• yeah i wasnt feeling it, i guess they had one more record left to drop under contract?, otherwise im sure this never would have dropped, now that they are on g unit.

i will be anticipating that new shit tho, MOP on dre (scott storch/hi tek) beats...

well that record is released on koch, i guess a one album deal

• I don't care how wack M.O.P or the beats they choose are......... They will forever be dope for me.

Without going in to a long diatribe, when these cats dropped Firing Squad LP in 1996 it was GAME OVER!!!

They could come out spitting over N'Sync loops and i'll still support.

Actually got to chill with them down here a few years back and they don't fucking play.

They represent the essence and culture that is hiphop imo. It's like they married the 1986 style to modern and the shit works, where other cats do it and it comes off corny.

~Crates

• bought it... and damn it i was expecting those kanye, alchemist, and just blaze beats from the roc recordings.......NOPE! well, love nontheless

got me impatient!

• I don't care how wack M.O.P or the beats they choose are......... They will forever be dope for me.

Without going in to a long diatribe, when these cats dropped Firing Squad LP in 1996 it was GAME OVER!!!

I agree. I love these guys.

Apparently they threatened to kill me once. My boy and I printed some joke about them in a little 'zine we used to produce and they somehow heard about it. We were shook for a minute and then it got squashed.

MOP on dre (scott storch/hi tek) beats...

so does Hi Tek do Dre's beats? Please excuse the ignorance. I know he doesn't personally do all his beats, but I have no idea who does.