Protools LE + Final Scratch = Ibook

TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
PT LE + Final Scratch = IbookAnyone place an ibook through Protools Le and Final Scratch (obviously not at the same time). We're talking a 1.4 ghz 512 ram G4 ibook. Not heavy on the number of tracks (24 at the most) Any slow down? or is a powerbook definatley neccessary?thanks

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    PT LE + Final Scratch = Ibook

Anyone place an ibook through Protools Le and Final Scratch (obviously not at the same time). We're talking a 1.4 ghz 512 ram G4 ibook. Not heavy on the number of tracks (24 at the most) Any slow down?

or is a powerbook definatley neccessary?

thanks

what are you trying to do?

I got an ibook, 1.33 ghz and 768 ram. I've been recording tracks from final scratch into pro tools LE w/ few problems so far, but I haven't really stressed it yet.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Try not to use Final Scratch and check the Digidesign forums for your other question. They're pretty helpful: http://www.duc.digidesign.com

• Its going to server 3 purposes. Final Scratch or Serato for DJ Gigs, Protools for sequencing from hardware samplers/keyboards as well as transferring vinyl to mp3.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    man im still running ableton on my g3 800mhz...

i get up to about 24 tracks before it starts to cack out.

• Ay gooch,

y'all should be straight. My boy runs Digital Performer on a 900mHZ G3 ibook and says he can get up to 32 tracks running ok on it. This was before he got an external harddrive to store all his music files on, and he does a lot of photoshop too.