FUCK NYC ROADS ARRGH

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Motherfucking fuck New York City unpaved roads and unfinished construction projects and shit. Shit just knocked a softball sized chunk off the bottom of my ride, shit's POURING oil out like the fucking faucet's running, barely made it the last three fucking blocks to the house, gotta call insurance and tow in the morning FUCK FUCK FUCK

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Ave B is toe the fuck up.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Please to recognize flat, smoking, and completely ruined tire over the weekend.

• wheres all your tax monies goin'? peace, stein. . .

• That sucks.
    Years ago I was headed toward the Holland Tunnel when I drove over one of those big metal plates they put over the holes when they're working on the sewer. It pivoted up and ripped off my muffler, tailpipe and ripped a hole in my tire well. I walked over to the police precinct to file a report and the guy as much as laughed in my face...

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I saw one of those big metal electrical transformer boxes that are in the street, start smoking and then blow up jumping like 6 feet out of the street. I never step on manhole covers because I am convinced that that's how Im going to die, from an exploding manhole cover.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I saw one of those big metal electrical transformer boxes that are in the street, start smoking and then blow up jumping like 6 feet out of the street. I never step on manhole covers because I am convinced that that's how Im going to die, from an exploding manhole cover.

This used to happen in Georgetown in DC on the regular like 3 years ago. One summer they had like at least 5 incidents, one where at least 4 manhole covers exploded up into the air on one block. It was after 9-11 so everyone thought it was terrorism until Pepco came clean that all their shit was just old and in need of serious overhaul. I think about this often as I work in downtown DC(it has also happened down here).

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    yeah don't y'all remember last year when dogs and dog owners kept getting electrocuted from manhole covers/ subway grates?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yeah don't y'all remember last year when dogs and dog owners kept getting electrocuted from manhole covers/ subway grates?
    yeah, definatly

• Ave B, Kent Ave in Williamsburg, Columbia St is by far the worst. Neighborhood is definatley on the come up cause you couldnt drive through there with your windows down 10 years ago.
    Anyone call 311 (NYC help and info line) and report. I made a complaint about my super leaving trash in the basement and two inspectors came the following week. never had that issue. Ive used this about 5 times. For fire escape either, indoor garage issue, etc.

My landlord is "Joey the cat" and would frown upon contacting the authorities over the garbage. Besides, then the rats in the air shaft would have nothing to eat.

• Ave B, Kent Ave in Williamsburg, Columbia St is by far the worst. Neighborhood is definatley on the come up cause you couldnt drive through there with your windows down 10 years ago.
    Anyone call 311 (NYC help and info line) and report. I made a complaint about my super leaving trash in the basement and two inspectors came the following week. never had that issue. Ive used this about 5 times. For fire escape either, indoor garage issue, etc.

try riding your bike down Nostrand Ave in Brooklyn from Bed-Stuy to Crown Heights - my balls ache just thinking about it.

• OK now my shit is in the shop and I went back to the scene. I will post pics later, shit is grimy, there is an oil slick on the entire street, you can follow the oil drip all the way to my block where I parked. I found more pieces of the oil pan and $10 in the gutter. Aparently the city reimburses you for damage caused by potholes, etc. and I have been instructed to call 311. We'll see what happens.

whenever that kind of shit happens to me, I think of the records I cant buy because of it.

I feel your pain.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Motherfucking fuck New York City unpaved roads and unfinished construction projects and shit. Shit just knocked a softball sized chunk off the bottom of my ride, shit's POURING oil out like the fucking faucet's running, barely made it the last three fucking blocks to the house, gotta call insurance and tow in the morning FUCK FUCK FUCK

Take pictures and document everything. Sue the city.

• College Point Blvd. in Queens is pretty bad too.
    besides from the giant potholes and giant
    bumps (speed bumps maybe?)there are no markings
    on the road. Its a free for all, cars just drive
    all over the road. Its very dangerous becuase there
    is no line to seperate on coming traffic.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

Take pictures and document everything. Sue the city.

sue you...sue everybody

• gabriel roth of daptone records (and antibalas phame) nearly lost his VISION due to potholes in williamsburg. he had hit some jacked spot of the road and his airbag went off, clocking him in his open eye. the sharon jones show had to cancel part of their tour, and gabe has to wear protective SHADES at all times as a result.

if you see them at a nightclub and dude is wearing sunglasses, trust me it isn't because he is a cory hart fan.

• whenever this kind of shit happens to me:

I think of the records I cant buy because of it.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    College Point Blvd. in Queens is pretty bad too.
    besides from the giant potholes and giant
    bumps (speed bumps maybe?)there are no markings
    on the road. Its a free for all, cars just drive
    all over the road. Its very dangerous becuase there
    is no line to seperate on coming traffic.

Take this and multiply it out to be an entire city. That city would be Cleveland. Is it two lanes? Four lanes? Who knows?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    yo paycheck
    did it rip on 3rd st
    wtf is going on up there
    they strip the road & now its like a
    land mine zone with all those hunks of metal
    sticking up
    country boys are not use to that
    damn

• i drive around nyc ALOT but i drive around philly alot more and i can tell you that philly without a doubt has nyc beat. we are the undisputed king of potholes. even worse than the ptoholes is when they "fix" or re-pave the streets. they remove the bad surface and leave it unpaved with the manholes pertruding from the ground for weeks, sometimes months. shit is horrible.

• i drive around nyc ALOT but i drive around philly alot more and i can tell you that philly without a doubt has nyc beat. we are the undisputed king of potholes. even worse than the ptoholes is when they "fix" or re-pave the streets. they remove the bad surface and leave it unpaved with the manholes pertruding from the ground for weeks, sometimes months. shit is horrible.

No joke philly roads wil make you pay.

• yo paycheck
    did it rip on 3rd st
    wtf is going on up there
    they strip the road & now its like a
    land mine zone with all those hunks of metal
    sticking up
    country boys are not use to that
    damn

Yo Coughin' nah man it was near my crib in square and safe Brooklyn

3rd St is a wrap though, they probably won't repave until spring, that's how they do out here. Unions thug out the contracts and the people suffer