Any Madison, WI strutters? Need some info (NRR)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Hi fam,I'm going to be in Madison from Wed to Thursday this week to take part in a panel discussion at the university. I've never been in Madison before and was wondering if people had recommendations for airport transportation - are cabs mad expensive? Is there a cheaper shuttle service? Or would it be cheaper just to rent a car?I fucked up - I should have scheduled more time to do at least a little record shopping but unless there's folks who want to negotiate some private sales...holla at me on PM. Easy,Oliver

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    O-dub, now would be the right time to send a decoy in your place. There is nothing in Madison for you.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    It's all good. I'm not even going to be there 24 hours. But I do get to stay at what looks to be a really janky motel. Hot shit.

O-dub, now would be the right time to send a decoy in your place. There is nothing in Madison for you.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Hot shit.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    There's plenty for you in Madison, just not records.

I'm sure you've already heard, but State Street is a must.

Sorry, I can't answer your original question.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Hi fam,

I'm going to be in Madison from Wed to Thursday this week to take part in a panel discussion at the university. I've never been in Madison before and was wondering if people had recommendations for airport transportation - are cabs mad expensive? Is there a cheaper shuttle service? Or would it be cheaper just to rent a car?

I fucked up - I should have scheduled more time to do at least a little record shopping but unless there's folks who want to negotiate some private sales...holla at me on PM.

Easy,

Oliver

O-

I have family in Madison, so have spent much time there....It may not be the $$$ for a taxi, but the availability. Madison is not like Chicago or the Bay, as in most mid-size midwestern cities, taxis are not as plentiful as in the big ones on the coast. You would be better off renting a car, or checking to see if there are any Flex-car options around, otherwise you may end up waiting around for a cab AND spending cash(almost every city in the country has approved fare hikes with gas going crazy). And the area you may want to go is kind of spread out, although State Street is a nice place to start to walk/shop/eat.

Hope this helps. Madison is great!

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Hey ODub,

Cabs are not expensive in Madison if you go With Badger Cab and don't mind shared ride service. 608 256 5656. 8 bucks from airport to downtown, short jaunts around town will cost a couple a bucks. You can easily hit up two record spots while you're there, Pasture records (500 block E. Johnson) Mad City (corner of Willy and John Nolan by castle looking bike shop), you won't find anything though. I'm gonna recomend Nat Spil on Henry? by the capital for your Norske/Med/whatever eating adventures, GOOD and resonable price. There are plenty of great things to eat actually, just tell me what you like. Hang out on State Street, enjoy the drunken college kid antics. Madison is mad cool. Is it Hip Hop Conference time of year? I always enjoyed that weekend.