Ebay problem

legendlegend 124 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Wuzzup soulstrut police. I paid for 3 very cheap items on ebay to an overseas seller via western union (check www.westernunion.com and the comfirmation number is 540-031-5298). the status of the transaction is "Status : Picked up", as in dude got his money. i paid him on the 9/26/2005, and emailed him. he emailed me On Fri Sep 30 8:46 , 'paperdoll@tiscali.fr' sent:Hello, thanks very much and sorry for no news, i was super sick. I will go to post office catch your money and send in the same time your parcel. Thanks for your fast paiemnt, Cheers, Mateata"now, on October 13, 2005 he puts an ebay non paying bidder warning on me...for the 3 items.....as if he never got paid. here is the email:"Hello ,i'nm the seller of this item. I remind you that you have 15 days to pay for an item. Letters from USA last 3 days to Germany, so if i don't receive nothing from you in 3 days, i will send an alert to ebay. Thanks to inform me your method paiment and if you need again informations about the paiment of this item, don't hesitate to email me. Cheers, Mateata"i've emailed him, to no repsonse. his ebay name is: papyvorewhat should i do? i paid using western union...which is traceable...and i haven't heard shit from ebay either. has anybody else had a problem with "papyvore"?

Comments

• The thing about western union is that once it's picked up, their liability ends. I had a problem with a German guy using western union and had to holler at a German strutter (sup Frank!) to help out.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    The thing about western union is that once it's picked up, their liability ends. I had a problem with a German guy using western union and had to holler at a German strutter (sup Frank!) to help out.

hey yo FRANK.....holla at me. dude used a german address..although the email seams to be french.

• The thing about western union is that once it's picked up, their liability ends. I had a problem with a German guy using western union and had to holler at a German strutter (sup Frank!) to help out.

hey yo FRANK.....holla at me. dude used a german address..although the email seams to be french.

that shit is mad

I hope you get that guy!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    i've emailed him, to no repsonse. his ebay name is: papyvore

Pap[/b]yvore? Hmmmm...

• Options

Pap[/b]yvore? Hmmmm...

i think that's French for Herbivore, no?

K.

• I woulda busted a pap in his azz.

• I woulda busted a pap in his azz.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Wuzzup soulstrut police. I paid for 3 very cheap items on ebay to an overseas seller via western union (check www.westernunion.com and the comfirmation number is 540-031-5298). the status of the transaction is "Status : Picked up", as in dude got his money. i paid him on the 9/26/2005, and emailed him. he emailed me On Fri Sep 30 8:46 , 'paperdoll@tiscali.fr' sent:

Hello,
    thanks very much and sorry for no news, i was super sick.
    I will go to post office catch your money and send in the same time your parcel.
    Thanks for your fast paiemnt, Cheers, Mateata"

now, on October 13, 2005 he puts an ebay non paying bidder warning on me...for the 3 items.....as if he never got paid. here is the email:

"Hello ,i'nm the seller of this item. I remind you that you have 15 days to pay for an item. Letters from USA last 3 days to Germany, so if i don't receive nothing from you in 3 days, i will send an alert to ebay. Thanks to inform me your method paiment and if you need again informations about the paiment of this item, don't hesitate to email me. Cheers, Mateata"

what should i do? i paid using western union...which is traceable...and i haven't heard shit from ebay either. has anybody else had a problem with "papyvore"?

sounds like you got scammed. a lot of overseas scammers like western union. if his feedback is suspect then i'd say you definitely got scammed and i'd report to ebay, although he'll probably just get a new seller id with a new e-mail and keep it up.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This COULD be a scam but the thing is: you can prove that the money was received and there's a paper trail there. That doesn't obligate him to send you the records - he could still be ripping you off that way...but it does seem odd that he'd go through the trouble of filing a non-payment alert if he's just out to scam you since that'd raise red flags for eBay against him by doing so.

Fact that he's not responding to your email is suspect though...but I'd get in touch with eBay on this before hand. You may not get your money or records back but at least you can protect your reputation.

• legend, i've bought many records from papyvore and its all been kosher. that dude sells alot of stuff so maybe he's slow at getting around to emails. keep on em. peace, stein. . .

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    It sounds like he just doesn't keep good records of what he's doing. Send him the confirmation notice and keep on him. Why would he scam you on cheap shit? Maybe he just needs a reminder.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    It sounds like he just doesn't keep good records of what he's doing. Send him the confirmation notice and keep on him. Why would he scam you on cheap shit? Maybe he just needs a reminder.

i've sent him 2 reminders via email...three responses responding to each non paying bidder notice. no responses yet.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    how about this. once I thought I was getting no responses from my emails to a seller in europe, and it turned out that he was emailing me, but for some reason it was dating his emails a day earlier so they would get burried in my old emails and I never saw them until I arranged them by sender and looked for him.

Its possible - even if its more likely he's just a jerk.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    legend, i think papyvore is a French dude, but if he lives in germany, holla! i'd call that dude... no problem... frank is supposed to live in africa now (i doubt it though) and therefore won't be able to help you out.

I bought a record from that guy too. He kept emailing me about my payment until I got real angry. He seems to be very unorganized. I paid him one day after the auction ended. It took him some weeks to figure it out...

Beware, he's using three or four eBay-IDs. But my item arrived safe... he just seems to be disordered...

• Grope, you shouldn't doubt that Frank is living in Africa.... Just check his www.soulexplosion.de for pics of his latest soul party in Guinea. No shit! Check it, I just dont know how to post pics....

Will I ever learn?

Dress

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Grope, you shouldn't doubt that Frank is living in Africa.... Just check his www.soulexplosion.de for pics of his latest soul party in Guinea. No shit! Check it, I just dont know how to post pics....

Will I ever learn?

Dress

That's tough! I'm not even close to leaving Europe. I'm spoiled!

About picture posting: click that image button in the instant ubb code and enter the web link to a picture. Search pictures on google or load your own pictures to your webspace or sites like www.yousendit.com (they upload files for you - no need for email-addresses or so)

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    legend, i think papyvore is a French dude, but if he lives in germany, holla! i'd call that dude... no problem... frank is supposed to live in africa now (i doubt it though) and therefore won't be able to help you out.

I bought a record from that guy too. He kept emailing me about my payment until I got real angry. He seems to be very unorganized. I paid him one day after the auction ended. It took him some weeks to figure it out...

Beware, he's using three or four eBay-IDs. But my item arrived safe... he just seems to be disordered...

dude just cancelled the non paying alerts and will send my lps tomorrow.

thanks, soulstrut police.

• Sorry to hear about this, especially because I think you run a very honest game on ebay when selling. I was happy the times I dealt with you!

I've had my own little problem lately on ebay. I bought 3 LPs from a guy and two of them was pretty badly scratched up eventhough they were described as with "one or two very light paper scuffs" but they were pretty scratched and played with crackles throughout. I told the seller and he told me I could get free shipping on my next order and he said he was very sorry about his mistake. I ordered a second time and tells him to check the LPs very carefully and hold them up against light to be sure. One of the covers in the 2nd order had pretty long seam split and wear. How is this going to be mint? sencondly some of the vinyls were scratched again.

Even more fucked up is; I bought Donald Byrd "Places and Spaces" and he even replyed back yes I got "Places and Spaces" and still he sends me "Stepping into Tomorrow"! Now he tells me send the LP back and I will send the right one. Like I am suppose to pay for his fuck ups?

I'm definitely going to be more cautious in the future when buying on ebay. I will mainly use it on bargains or with dealers I trust. Sometimes I don't understand why people just don't use web-sites like recordmania more often if they are ready to drop loot. It's just more reliable than ebay and they have better stock than most ebay sellers so there's a better chance that you can find multiple records to buy.

• guess you finished your reply before I did. Cool that it worked out for you.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Didn't Frank move to Africa?

• Test 1, 2nd time....

Dress

• What am I doing wrong?

Dress

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Whattup, Dress...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Was that wut u were tryin' to post?

Ur address was wrong

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Was that wut u were tryin' to post?

Ur address was wrong

That's Frank.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i'm not funny. post deleted...

• It works.... Dont know what I did wrong before.

Come on Grope you're a funny guy! What's up Cos?

Dress

P.S. The pic is of the newborn prince of Denmark...