Video Editing on PC

gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
anyone have any program recommendations? whenever ive been in the situation and editing video, its been on a mac with final cut, so something similar to that would be good?

Comments

• The best advice is to stay with the mac if at all possible. My friend uses Premiere on XP and hates life because of it.

• snosno 332 Posts
    If you want to put some footage together quick and dirty, Sony's Vegas can do a pretty decent job.

• The best advice is to stay with the mac if at all possible. My friend uses Premiere on XP and hates life because of it.

yeah i had fucking crazy dramas trying to render a 7 minute film on PC, ended up having simlar problems with vegas on the last project i worked on in regards to its delaing with NTSC and PAL footage on the same project, which Prem pro does fine. So its a catch 22 really.

fuck it, go drop some bank on an Avid

• CLabCLab 76 Posts
    stay with FCP above all else.

• i prefer premiere but that's cuz that's what i started off using as far as computer based editing programs.

they now make a commercial grade avid software for both systems, i believe.

anyways, long live the flatbed!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

they now make a commercial grade avid software for both systems, i believe.

try this. I might have a copy @ home I can hook you up with. PM if needed.

Avid DV for PC

• snosno 332 Posts

Motiondive is super stable as far as VJ'ing is concerned. But nothing beats Resolume in flipping and switching multiple clips and image real time.

Premiere is

Especially when you're editing with files that have different formats it's a pain. The preview will not show the actual frame you're on.

Just adding some weight to the quote above because Premiere is around and people end up using it anyway. When you're just puting files in a sequence it's okay 'cause you can do nice color adjustments/flipping/skewing with Premiere, but when you want to do some precise cuts it's a pain.