I Can't Believe It's Not Funky

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
matching legwarmers... check... homemade platform shoes... check... lots of afros... check... and yet? even with Casimir Gillette on the cowbell and Bill Thomas on the coke bottle, it's still not funky!

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    See...I would look at the cover and automatically assume its some steel drum band or something. Especially if I found it in the international section.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    granted. But ive seen gospel records with titles like "stay up black brothers" and shit and they're not funky either.

What does it sound like?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    edited for being dumb on my part. eh, it does have "the look," what is it, merengue/soca/haitian zouk shit?

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    look at the track titles...

well with track titles like "stay up black brothers" and "cauchemard", yeah i find it hard to believe that teh funk is severely lacking

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    Made In Canada

Jus playin. I believe I bought this a few years back. I have not listened since then.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    The records from Guadeloupe or Martinique (not sure) and it's mostly that happy island sound. A couple o' dips into the reggae pool, but just in the shallow end.

• Options
    The orange cover one with the diagonal black band has an alright funky tune titled "Doin' The Do". Nothing really mind blowing by these dudes IMO.

K.

• Options
    Made In Canada

Blue Rhythm Combo's Magumba LP

Playin is right, K.