Bruce Haack documentary

Secret_ChimpSecret_Chimp 915 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody seen this? I just watched this DVD called "Haack: King of Techno." I didn't know anything about him at all, but yo- what a crazy dude. They showed maybe 20 different albums that he put out, each one crazier than the one before.The highlight was definitely the footage of him and Miss Nelson on the Mr. Rogers show! Fucking NUTS.Did you know he put out a record with Russell Simmons? That was the last recording he ever made, and it was DOPE.Electric Lucifer.. holy shit. Another crazy one was "Haackula" - a really dark, totally tripped out album.There were a bunch of annoying interviews with current electronica artists and stuff, but overall this was very cool.Now who's got a copy of Haackula and Electric Lucifer for me?

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    his shit is the bomb, the main reason I check the Kid's section of record bins, fingers crossed...the only one I have ever copped was Electronic Record for Children* , and it wasn't cheap..."Spiders" is my shit!

*this link has some good shit, but the sound files got taken down

• Is that the cover to "human music" for your avatar?? You should rock the INSIDE gatefold... hahaha...

I haven't seen the documentary but it sounds worthwhile!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Someone at OKP had told me about this, and it's on my Netflix cue.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    Haackula is isane... Party Machine... damn.

dude was from saskatchewan no??

• Is that the cover to "human music" for your avatar?? You should rock the INSIDE gatefold... hahaha...

Yep! What's Don Cherry's wife's name again? Everything I've seen by her is off the hook.

• dude was from saskatchewan no??

I think they said he was from Alberta.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    for some reason i thought he was from saskatoon.

• Here's a picture of Bruce playing the DERMATRON.

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    I was just listening to the "Way Out record for kids"- straight up masterpiece.Ditto on the sleeve art.By the way,who was the dickhead who decided to name the Doc.-"King of Techno"?I need Captain Entropy!Anybody got it?

• By the way,who was the dickhead who decided to name the Doc.-"King of Techno"?

For real. That's what I thought when I saw it on the shelf. All the interviews with Dj Me DJ You and all the rest of those producers were really annoying in my opinion. None of them had anything all that meaningful to say, other than "dude, if I had listened to that stuff as a kid I would be a much better person." They could have done without all of that shit altogether.

• So after seeing the DVD I was determined to find myself a copy of Electric Lucifer..

I just won this copy..

Think it's an original? I really don't even care, it was only $11..

• So after seeing the DVD I was determined to find myself a copy of Electric Lucifer..

I just won this copy..

Think it's an original? I really don't even care, it was only $11..

i think you got the scorpio reish or whatever. it should have a 360 sound label. original goes for 10-15 so you should be able to catch it easy

• just thought of another piece i have, tiny tim/bruce haack split 45. promo only maybe? for their xmas album. i think i'm gonna rent the dvd tonight.