Z3 MC'S QUESTION

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
does anybody have a copy of thi srecords from back in the day and do you remember the label that it was on. i had a copy but like a dummy i sold years ago. now i am looking for it again and the other releases on that label. i think duke bootie or somthin glikr that produced the records. also does any body have an mp3 of the tracks?

Comments

• Beauty And The Beat?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yeah thats right any one have extra copies or mp3 would do fine. or just pm me and i be willing to pay someone for their time.

• I have one around here somewhere but not sure exactly where...if I run across it I'll pm ya the mp3seez.

J

• Which one? There's coast to coast, king cut, and word of mouth 12"s. They had DOPE pic sleeves too. The 12" for "word of mouth" I think had they posing next to an enormous fake boombox. But my fave is the vintage styles... home-made tee shirts with the puffy letters... check out the sticker on this beauty & the beat promo 12"...

PS I have a spare of "king cut" on profile...

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    But my fave is the vintage styles... home-made tee shirts with the puffy letters... check out the sticker on this beauty & the beat promo 12"...

PS I have a spare of "king cut" on profile...

A****w -

The sticker also was on the regular retail editions - and having grown up in the '80s, those sweatshirts/t-shirts w/ the iron-on letters were offered through custom shops, usually in malls; letters were usually made out of some felt-like material...

The Profile issue of 'King Kut' doesn't contain all the samples included on the Duke Bootee-owned Beauty and the Beat Records copy...

• A****w -

The sticker also was on the regular retail editions

Cool, did not know that.

and having grown up in the '80s, those sweatshirts/t-shirts w/ the iron-on letters were offered through custom shops, usually in malls; letters were usually made out of some felt-like material...

What's your point... that they weren't home-made, they were made in a mall?

I grew up in the 80s too (not THAT young) and I remember cheap iron-on fabric letters that peel off after a few washings. My mom put me and my brothers names on our backpacks with that exact puffy-serif font. whatever.

The Profile issue of 'King Kut' doesn't contain all the samples included on the Duke Bootee-owned Beauty and the Beat Records copy...

Just trying to hook a guy up. The profile issue is the one I have an extra of.

This is why I hate soulstrut. Nothing sucks the fun out of talking about music quite like lines and lines of unnecessary corrections.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Wasn't taking you to task - just that I remember stores selling iron-on transfers offering to customize these shirts is all...

And that there was a difference b/w the 2 editions... I remember buying the Profile reissue shorly after it had been licensed from Beauty and the Beat and noting the difference...

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I got a copy right here. Triple Threat by Z-3 MC's, on Beauty and the Beat records. I'm about to go out and don't have time to record it right now, but I can do it tomorrow morning. Hit me up via pm if you still need it.

• here you go:

Z3 MC's-Triple Threat

http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0X1DY2NT2DPMG37JZXYT442YQV

"funky fresh from Baltimore"...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    HEY GOOD LOOKING OUT. NOW I GOTTA LOOK FOR A COPY. IS THIS THE BEST 12' FROM THAT LABEL. WHAT ELSE IS HOT ON THIS SMALL LABEL. HOW ABOUT THE POINT BLANK MC'S?

• NOW I GOTTA LOOK FOR A COPY. IS THIS THE BEST 12' FROM THAT LABEL. WHAT ELSE IS HOT ON THIS SMALL LABEL. HOW ABOUT THE POINT BLANK MC'S?

check your PMs, i got a spare.
    other 12"s on the label were:

Word of Mouth/DJ Cheese - King Kut
    Point Blanks MCs - Hard to the Body
    Point Blanks MCs - What the Party Needs
    MC Crash - Life On the Streets

there were a few other 12"s that werent rap, but those 4 and Z3 MCs are the only ones you need to worry about.
    King Kut is def the best 12" on the label, MC Crash would be 2nd best for me

• HEY GOOD LOOKING OUT. NOW I GOTTA LOOK FOR A COPY. IS THIS THE BEST 12' FROM THAT LABEL. WHAT ELSE IS HOT ON THIS SMALL LABEL. HOW ABOUT THE POINT BLANK MC'S?

No prob. I kind of like the Z3 MCs and the "King Kut" equally. The MC Crash would be next. I'm not a big fan of the Point Blank stuff but I do like the beat for "what the party needs" it's got this nice lil drum machine bounce to it...ha!