Net Spots Blown

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
This is fun because I always imagine that internet spots are "secret" and then laugh at myself, because NOTHING on the internet is truly "secret" and the times you find a list of someone selling something amazing for pennies and when you e-mail them they still have it? well, those times are precious and few, like Climax said. Whatever, here's a couple places I have found scores and bargains that many of y'all may have never seen. One has non-raer store stock shit for $2 apiece, the other has expensive set sales but auctions where shit can be had for $2 minimum bids, at least before the spot was blown :SPOT BLOWN SPOT BLOWN Who got some unchartered corner of the net spots?Maybe some headz who already know the deal will be pissed to see a spot blown, but that's kinda the point. Link up.If somebody else throws down, I'll link up the spot that updates "on the 26th of every month"

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I fear this thread

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    There's this spot where I got Farewell Aldebaran (NM) for $20.

It's called "eBay."

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    shit you.

Roanoke's record room used to be my shit, until everybody got hip to it 3 years ago. I started giving up after EVERYTHING I tried to buy from him THE SAME DAY THE LIST CAME OUT was sold out.

I used to be e-hustling on the daily back at my old job, but I work now. And I'm poor.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Who got some unchartered corner of the net spots?
    Maybe some headz who already know the deal will be pissed to see a spot blown, but that's kinda the point. Link up.
    If somebody else throws down, I'll link up the spot that updates
    "on the 26th of every month"

Dude, for real, I'm all for sharing information but why not just asking people to "post your credit card # and security code."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    lol.
    yeah, but those links I put up weren't any major revelations, just cool spots that heads may not have come across yet. Like DC said, the Roanoake spot has been blown for years. I guess you're right, though - cause nobody put up a damn thing.

• If somebody else throws down, I'll link up the spot that updates

Ha, that's funny. I think enough people know about that site now though since the outright bargains seem to get got within minutes if not seconds of dude updating his list. It also seems like he finally bought a price guide recently.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Ha, that's funny. I think enough people know about that site now though since the outright bargains seem to get got within minutes if not seconds of dude updating his list. It also seems like he finally bought a price guide recently.

Yeah, funny how he went from selling Eddie Bo heatrocks for $1 in 2000 to asking $10 for Rufus Thomas 45's in 2005 - still, I have hit him up on the 26th in the past year and got some shit. He's where I got most of my Bobby Byrd & Hank Ballard King 45's, for $2-3 apiece. His grading is suspect, though. My rule became nothing under EXC unless it was cheap & raer.

His shit is so well known, we could do a thread of "what record were you googling when you found this spot?"
    For me it was this lost opportunity:

SD64B sold 102 DOC OLIVER SOUL POPCORN PT1/PT2 $2.00 VG+ PROMO, WRT

Yes, I'll take that Doc Oliver for $2, plaese!
    I don't think he'll be doing that again

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    Who got some unchartered corner of the net spots?
    Maybe some headz who already know the deal will be pissed to see a spot blown, but that's kinda the point. Link up.

Dude, for real, I'm all for sharing information but why not just asking people to "post your credit card # and security code."

sure..pm me for personal finance information...

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

http://www.erols.com/f2023

Stuff still pops up there, I got an El Chicles and a Lafayette Afro Rock Band 45 from him last year....