Lizard record label

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
so whats really good on thi label?Paul Humphries & Cool aid Chemistsanything else?

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Nolan "Somebody's crying" and that other northern one.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    That entire Nolan album (backed by an early version of Little Feat) isn't a bad slice of black rock (or should I say hippie soul?). Although his vocals do get a little hammy...

There's also a hard-rock album on Lizard that's supposed to be killer, although I forget the band's name.

Paul Humphrey's "Cool Aid" was always a little cheesy, to me, but I am a fan of "Funky L.A.," which I think includes the line "if you're feelin' kinda horny, get a prostitute"...

• yeah i have that hard rock thing. it is super fucked up for shore. has a real crazy color too, like lemon yellow with radberry highlights.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Nolan "Somebody's crying" and that other northern one.

Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum is my jam on that one. This is on Lizard as well, but I sold it years ago:

• clydie king album is sleep on, the cut on that is b minor.

Jamul is another I like.

I'm curious if there are one off 45s.

• hard rock = FRANTIC cool yellow cover. maybe one intersting funklaced moment unless you like the shit they were trying to do

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    hard rock = FRANTIC cool yellow cover. maybe one intersting funklaced moment unless you like the shit they were trying to do

I probably would like it. Funk isn't the only music I listen to, so if Frantic had a breakbeat, I don't really give a damn.