B-Boys Girls Part 2???

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I own the Blue vinyl.
What other colors were pressed up?
I think, I recall seeing red,yellow,& green back when it dropped.
Vintertaniment label.

Nothin' on google or ebay.

Comments

• Far as I know, those are the only colors. I got the yellow and almost bought the green, just to have it. I ask you this: which is a hotter track "Girls" or "Stick Up Kids"?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Far as I know, those are the only colors. I got the yellow and almost bought the green, just to have it. I ask you this: which is a hotter track "Girls" or "Stick Up Kids"?

When i play that 12" i reach for Stick up kid

" You wanna be down/Givin' pounds
    eatin Almond Joy/And chewin Mounds
    Walkin the streets/Rockin the beat
    Watchin' Bernard King from the front row seat. "

Plus the track has that sinister bassline.

girls part 2 was an improvement on 1 IMO.

DR Brown Cel-Ray soda is the muthaFuckin shit.

• I think mine is blue, my question is what kind of cover did it come in? My is a generic black sleeve, did it come in a Vintertainment sleeve?

As for which is better, I can't call it. Damn, I can still remember the day when I got my copy of Girls/Stick Up Kids, I must've had the song on a Magic tape for months before I got the 12". Ah, memories.

• My parts 1 and 2 came in Vintertainment sleeves. I'm gonna go with Stick Up Kids has a better beat and Girls has better lyrics. Both got a fair amount of NY radio play. I wonder if 90% of the "random rap" schmucks out thurr have or even know about records like this that weren't random at all.

My parts 1 and 2 came in Vintertainment sleeves.

My copy came in a clear sleeve..............

• My parts 1 and 2 came in Vintertainment sleeves.

come to think of it, my part 2 did too, but I think I took it out because i didnt think it was good for the record (no inner sleeve). I celebrate the entire Vintertainment catalog, nahmean?

• My green copy came in a plastic sleeve, but my yellow copy (which I no longer have) came in the company sleeve.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Mine, too... I think these are what it was originally packaged in.

In my experience the blue pressing is the most common one.

I never see these joints anywhere..............whats the deal. Vintertainment had decent distribution right?

Oh yeah .................is there a regular black wax version?

• I never see these joints anywhere..............whats the deal. Vintertainment had decent distribution right?

Down here in San Diego, I couldn't find that record when it came out at all. I finally got it a couple of years ago at the Pasadena record show.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Yes, my part 2 came in a clear sleeve. Red vinyl.

"Girls Pt. 2" sons "Stick Up Kid" and "Girls Pt. 1" by a considerable margin IMO.