Lightsrcibe CD/DVD burner and printer

mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody ever use one of these? Are they any good? How long do they last? Do you HAVE to use thier brand of blanks? Can you just use regular blank CDRs or do they have to be DVDrs? Are they worth it for someone who wants to just print up and burn maybe a couple hundred promos? Or is it gonna crap out before i hit that #?

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im also interested in this. also if the usb one is any different from the regular one as far as performance or whatever goes.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Do you HAVE to use thier brand of blanks?

Pretty sure you have to use Lightscribe-tailored discs - HP has 'em as does Verbatim - been thinking about getting the burner so don't have any personal anecdotes to share as of yet.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Anybody ever use one of these? Are they any good? How long do they last? Do you HAVE to use thier brand of blanks? Can you just use regular blank CDRs or do they have to be DVDrs? Are they worth it for someone who wants to just print up and burn maybe a couple hundred promos? Or is it gonna crap out before i hit that #?

I was interested in getting one of these too until I read that you do indeed need to use "special" Lightscribe CDs/DVDs. As far as I can tell, you cannot print on regular CDs with this technology.:icegrill:

SG

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Has anybody actually used one though? I've been checking this out myself.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Lightscribe-ready cdrs run about $.89 on the cheap end. Hmmm.......

• What does it do? I don't get it.

The burner on my cpu says lightscribe. Is a burner different then what your talking about?

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I both burns cds/dvds AND sort of silk screens images directly onto the top surface of the disc. Thats my understanding.

• you need to use lightscribe cd's to make the images on the cd's...

after you burn your disc, you flip it over and depending on the setting you choose, be prepared to wait quadruple your burning time to make a pretty picture on the top of the cd. don't waste your time.