need a camera person SF 10/23

djstefdjstef 534 Posts
edited October 2005 in Announcements
If you have some skill (or potential skill) with a Sony PD-150 and are available in San Francisco on Sunday, October 23 from 10 am to 7 pm (or even part of that), we're looking for a volunteer 2nd camera person for a (digital) TV shoot. Please PM me.

The show is "VETV" and that day we'll be shooting at the Bayview shipyard in the morning, and then Future Primitive and Groove Merchant on Haight in the afternoon.

There's a lunch, production credit and tons of appreciation in it for you.

We also need a 2nd assistant to help carry stuff and run interference from passers-by.

Comments

• awesome! is that that the yard where they put all the old train cars? one of my favorite spots in the bay. id help, but alas...

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    you can holler at derrick d... thats his thing. get at me if you dont have his number...

• hey dudes and dudettes. my homey, big gerry, who works for the sf fine arts museums told me that theyre finally opening up the de young this weekend and its free. looks great, i mean, im no architect, but i like the building. its one of them trendy bldgs cut from metal plates and shit but instead of the shimmer of that gehry shit, its like a rustbucket copper thing that will only get uglier with age. [btw, i happen to like that]. there's a observation deck that my boy tells me has a great view of the avenues. plus i think they edged up their collection and made it more hip happening now. duder justin, its like right across the st from you, i think.

anyways, theyre supposed to have live music or some such, but id go just to see the bldg.

The weekend will be filled with performances, music, and activities. Here are just a few highlights (I'm literally just picking these off the list, so there's much more than what I'm including):

Saturday:

10:00 am Musicians from the San Francisco Symphony Brass Section
    11:00 am Dedication Ceremony
    12:00 Ribbon Cutting - Doors open
    2:00 Major poets, including devorah major, Janice Mirikitani, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Al Young, and Youth Speaks Slam poets will read original poems dedicated to the grand opening of the de Young
    3:00 Al-Masri Ensemble and Samar, featuring Joe Kandalaft and Louay Dahbour
    3:30 American Conservatory Theater: Staged reading from "After the War" by Philip Kan Gotanda - Dedicated to artist Ruth Asawa
    4:00 Ixim Tinamit (Maya Marimba Band)
    New Orleans Jazz Vipers
    5:00 Fogo na Roupa - Brazilian Samba Contingent
    5:00 & 5:30 (2 performances) Alonzo King's LINES Ballet - "In the Moment" (original collaboration with artist Raymond Saunders)
    6:30 John Handy with CLASS
    7:00 Film: premiere screening of resident artist Lise Swenson's film about the de Young - "Questions and Answers"
    8:30 Film: San Francisco premiere of "Proteus" by David LeBrun
    9:00 John Santos Quartet
    9:30 SoVoSo - A capella vocal ensemble
    10 to Midnight: DJ Cheb i Sabbah, featuring Dhol Rhythms and Mitch Hyare
    11 pm to 1:30 am: West African Ceremony, led by Chief Priest Baba Ifagbenusola Atanda
    midnight Midnight Docent Tours
    midnight to ? Om records Dance Party (including DJ's JT Donaldson, Colosus, DJ Fluid, J Boogie's Dubtronic Science)

Sunday

6 am Maya Blessing Ceremony
    8:00 China Songshan Shaolin Temple Buddhist Ceremony
    9-11 Multicultural Belssing Ceremonies
    All Day: Family Day for all ages; San Francisco Circus Center Performances; Sawdust painting by Gato Garcia
    10:00 ANIME screenings
    11:30 Stilt walkers from West Protal Elementary Chinese Performing Arts Program
    noon SF JAZZ All-Star High School Ensemble
    12:30 Fook Sing Lion Dancers
    1:30 Julia Tsitsi Chigamba and the Chinyakare Ensemble - African Dancers and Musicians
    2:30 Margaret Jenkins Dance Company
    3:00 Grupo Jarenero Zaazil-Ha- Children's Traditional Maya Dance
    3:30 Sunset Movement Arts
    3:30 Performing Arts Workshop - Movement Workshops for Children
    4:00 Dance Performance presented by African American Art & Culture Complex

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Holy Schitt! Ima check out a lot of that shtuff, I'm a couple blocks away. Thanks Shizzla!

• awesome dude. here's a pic i found online.

i like the bldg cuz i think it fits in with the park and plus i really like how the bldg kinda looks like the rebel base in star wars. you know, from the planet that princess leia is from and shit. anyways, let me know how the observation deck is.

id like to make that mayan blessing ceremony, but 1. i dont live there and 2. its at 6am.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    awesome dude. here's a pic i found online.

i like the bldg cuz i think it fits in with the park and plus i really like how the bldg kinda looks like the rebel base in star wars. you know, from the planet that princess leia is from and shit. anyways, let me know how the observation deck is.

id like to make that mayan blessing ceremony, but 1. i dont live there and 2. its at 6am.

Im gonna make a weekend outta this.

SHROOMS. I NEED SOME SHROOMS.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    I found camera, now we need an assistant because Serg is on crutches.