Does anybody else miss their heatrocks?

DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I know I do. I look wistfully at the gaps in my collection where they used to be. But then I:1) Look at all the snazzy new heatrocks in my collection courtesy of the auctions, and2) Remember just how much money we all raised and what a beautiful thing that was and how keeping up with all the heatrock auctions was about the only thing that kept me going during those days.Sure, I miss the records. But I feel good about not having them anymore. Which is how I'm supposed to feel, I think.

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Sure, I miss the records. But not as much as NO folks miss their homes.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I know mine has a good home, so I'm fine with the CDR I made of it.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I found another one..

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Sure, I miss the records. But not as much as NO folks miss their homes.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I visited my heatrock Tuesday evening. I also get it two sundays a month.

you just had the wrong lawyer, Enki.

oh, and, dead people, displaced people, etc. might find your wistfulness a bit clueless.

oh, and, dead people, displaced people, etc. might find your wistfulness a bit clueless.

Whoah, I think I'm being misunderstood, here.

From the Rules of the Rock (emphasis mine):

Pick a record from your collection for sacrifice. The idea should be to pick something that will hurt you not to have. That???s what sacrifice is about. That pain you???ll feel is called empathy, compassion, camaraderie. Because every time you think of that particular record, and you feel the pang of its absence, you can think of all the victims of Katrina who lost their entire record collection, their pets, their homes, their loved ones, their lives, and you can count yourself among those who were part of the solution.[/b] Providing momentary relief to their struggle.

That's exactly what's happening, and that's exactly how I feel. That's all I'm saying.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

That's exactly what's happening, and that's exactly how I feel. That's all I'm saying.

to that

but I sent you 3 mags choc-full of edutainment. You bored already?

to that

but I sent you 3 mags choc-full of edutainment. You bored already?

Well, the problem is that I'm illiterate, so it didn't take me long to flip through and look at the pictures.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Well, the problem is that I'm illiterate, so it didn't take me long to flip through and look at the pictures.

Don't worry, most of the writers are illiterate, and the proofreader was a stoner, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Don't worry, most of the writers are illiterate, and the proofreader was a stoner, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Hahaha, actually, I'm a copy editor/proofreader, so I'm painfully aware of the shortcomings of Big Daddy/Grand Slam in that area. Still, they got some dope articles.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Who got MY Heatrocks? I hope you enjoy them. I enjoy the heck out of the ones I bought.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I know mine has a good home, so I'm fine with the CDR I made of it.

I still haven't cashed in on that record karma, though.
    Anyone else?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I didn't even know that I had one of the heatrocks until someone asked. I'm deep like that folls. I was happy to get rid of the Ayler for a great cause. Now where's my Detroit City Limits and Lionel Hampton 45s. Hand em over.

• I miss one of my heatrocks, but with the matching, that one record brought in over $900...so saul good.