Foodstrut

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Inspired by the cover and food threat I remembered that i got this fine young girl coming over on Sunday. Apparently i told her that i would cook for her and now she expects something. I am no chef at all, so i wanted to know if there are some strutters who can a help a little dude out with some recipies. Real chefs, step up!!! Maybe also some of this aphrodisiac stuff would be helpful, she smokes too! And infact, she's so nice, i might go like musiq and say "just friends" to not blow it all right in the beginning (no ayo). But anyways, if y'all have some good food tips that eventually go along well with a smoke or some nice wine, let me know. Any help is highly appreciated!!

Comments

• I have a suggestion for a starter. It will be very light and delicate and slightly exotic.

Buy some of these:

Make sure you pick out the bigger ones. Put them on an oven-plate.

Put pieces of this on it:

This chees will not melt too much but still, take a bit of care placing it.

Put it in the oven. A few minutes in a pre-heated oven will do.

Meanwhile, melt this in a saucepan (on low fire):

Along with some of this:

And pour over the mushrooms when the're ready.

It's delicious and you'll have plenty of room left for the main course which will be suggested by another strutter in a minute.

I for one tend to stay away from garlic, red wine and (to much) olive oil because perhaps you want to stay fresh. I would serve some grilled fresh tuna steak. Or a (rucola) salad with chunks of raw fresh tuna and cherry tomatos.

Good luck!

• dude if your girl smokes it will make no diffrence how crappy you cook she will clean her plate

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    thanks generique, i think i will go for this rucola salad. garlic and red wine have to be treated with caution, indeed. and yeah, smoking def. helps to clean the
    plate, ha!! if anyone got more suggestions,let me know, thanx!!!

• smokey hos=

asparagus is some nice aphrodeezy

curry and spicy stuff too

how bout a curry vegetable dish? saute onions garlic ginger
    add some veggies you like, some diced chicken breast if you into that,ample curry powder and chick peas and raisins (last two are crucial). maybe some almonds or other nuts too for texture. dash of salt. a little brown rice or grain on the side. my old girl made me some barley yesterday and it was eye opening good. nice pearly meaty consistency

have fun. i recommend having things started when she gets over, but not finished. part of the fun is cooking a little together. wash dishes as you go so theres no big pile up killing th emood at the end. cleanliness is godliness

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    smokey hos=

yeah, i know what u mean, but she is all hyper and not at all the typical
    "pothead" type of girl. thanks for the foodinfo!

have fun. i recommend having things started when she gets over, but not finished. part of the fun is cooking a little together. wash dishes as you go so theres no big pile up killing th emood at the end. cleanliness is godliness

• yeah, i know what u mean, but she is all hyper and not at all the typical
    "pothead" type of girl. thanks for the foodinfo!

sheeeeeeit i thought you were talking about cigareettos.
    cannabis smoker ladys =

• sheeeeeeit i thought you were talking about cigareettos.
    cannabis smoker ladys =

Don't forget to have chocolate in the house! You don't wanna hit the peanutbutter jar.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I would serve some grilled fresh tuna steak.

a really simple way is to get some sashimi-grade (like they use for sushi) Ahi tuna, and just lightly rub with freshly cracked black pepper corns. Saute in hot oil for only a minute, or two on each side - just enough to lightly brown the outside. Be careful not to overcook the inside! It's really best when the inside is still raw. If you get the good stuff (Trader Joes has a decent selection), it will really melt in your mouth.
    Get a thicker cut, rather than a thin one.

Serve with a simple, mixed salad, or go all out with this recipe for Tunesian Rubbed Ahi Tuna, served w/ white bean ragout & cilantro sauce.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    http://www.wchstv.com/producecorner/fish_gumbo.html

I made a big pot of this version of fish gumbo tonight. Not quite New Orleans seafood gumbo but still yummy with catfish, mmm.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    And infact, she's so nice,
    i might go like musiq and say "just friends" to not blow it all
    right in the beginning (no ayo)

NOT A GOOD LOOK.
    let whatever happens happen, dont try to throw up a saftey net, it will just make her feel akward.

tuna isnt a bad idea. I would start with little peices of toast with some sauteed spinach and overeasy qail eggs on top. If you dont mind spending some dough throw a thin slice of white truffle on top of that biatch.

For the main course i would mash up some avocados and make a square mould, maybe 3 inches across, and 2 inches tall. Put lightly seared tuna and cherry tomatoes on top. You could serve that with fagioli bianchi on the side (cooked in olive oil and salt, or maybe green beans if you prefer.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

tuna isnt a bad idea. I would start with little peices of toast with some sauteed spinach and overeasy qail eggs on top. If you dont mind spending some dough throw a thin slice of white truffle on top of that biatch.

For the main course i would mash up some avocados and make a square mould, maybe 3 inches across, and 2 inches tall. Put lightly seared tuna and cherry tomatoes on top. You could serve that with fagioli bianchi on the side (cooked in olive oil and salt, or maybe green beans if you prefer.

FANCY!

• But anyways, if y'all have
    some good food tips that eventually go along well with a
    smoke or some nice wine, let me know. Any help is
    highly appreciated!!

i recommend fish.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    kraft mac and cheese yo! have a few moon piesor little debbie snacks on the side for dessert, then she could wash the whole thing down with some diet mug's rootbeer. this will be served in red 16 oz solo cups. make sure the mac and cheese is served in a green oversized tupperware bowl. this is important. you don't want her to think you live at home or something. for a condiment, i reccomend tappey's hot sauce, to spice up the evening.

lol. just kidding. i gotta go to work, i'll think of soemthing for you during the day. peace.

• for a condiment, i reccomend tappey's hot sauce, to spice up the evening.

best mac n cheez hot sauce, don't forget to throw in some hot dogs and extra cheese too

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Cats are throwing up good recipes
    I got simple stuff up my sleeve if you want

But with a toker girl i always hookup the killa combo: port+ dark chocolate+ hash blunt

Keep it simple (ive made mousse and cake stuff but lady's tend to not finish or be too stuffed)

After a good meal and nice bottle of wine I invite her to the livingroom serve two glasses of port, pull out the blunt and 80% chocolate platter and put on a record

• Here's a seriously good pesto & goat cheese recipe I figured out the other day when we were low on regular pasta fixings.

1/2 container pesto (in the store with the refrigerated pastas, should be 8 oz-ish)
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    3 cloves garlic
    1 small tomato
    a few oz. soft, mild goats cheese
    salt, pepper & oregano to taste

In a small frying pan, sautee garlic on med-high in olive oil. Add tomato, cook for another minute until the water is almost all gone. Add pesto and turn down heat to medium. If pesto seems too dry add a more olive oil, a tsp at a time. Add goats cheese and stir to melt. Don't let get too hot! Serve immediately.

Grilled vegetables (eggplant, peppers, etc) are the move for ladies too because they think men don't know vegetables. If you can pick up some long purple asian eggplant, that will hold together better in grilling than US eggplant, which just about disintegrates.

Oh some homemade aeoli (sp?) is hot. It's basically a fancy name for mayonnaise used for dipping.

1 cup
    1 egg
    pinch salt
    pinch pepper
    1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
    1 clove diced garlic or pinch garlic powder (optional)

Mix with hand mixer or in blender until thickened. Serve on side or on top of fish. She'll be like "what's this"? You'll say "aeoli". She'll go "oooh!" because it's french and is on fancy restaurant's menus but really contains about $.50 of ingredients. Works well as a good substitute for mayonnaise in sandwiches.