Gang of Four - file under reunions that work

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Caught the Gang of Four last week in Baltimore. Great, great show! The band was tight, focused and energetic. Most of the tunes they played were from their first two LP's. Their new album "Return the Gift" remixes a bunch of their old hits and actually improves on a lot of them. Nice to see an old favorite band get back together and actually do something good. Respect!

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Damn, I spaced on this... they played here last week

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i caught them live a few months back.. totally awesome show.

less than blown away by return the gift.. anytime a band rerecords the same tracks there's the obligatory whats the point?

• i caught them live a few months back.. totally awesome show.

less than blown away by return the gift.. anytime a band rerecords the same tracks there's the obligatory whats the point?

Granted I'd like to hear new material but I though the remixes were really well done. Updated but still true to the originals.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

Granted I'd like to hear new material but I though the remixes were really well done. Updated but still true to the originals.

remixes? i thought it was completely rerecorded versions???

• Granted I'd like to hear new material but I though the remixes were really well done. Updated but still true to the originals.

remixes? i thought it was completely rerecorded versions???

It's a bit of both. The arrangements are pretty much the same but the vocals and instruments were all rerecorded so the songs sound new.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I was suprised. I saw them Tues night here and I must agree they were good. They are some old bastards now though.