HEAVY ROTATION (RECORD RELATED)! YAY!

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• "You Say it"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Bags on everything, very grown and sexy.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Bags on everything, very grown and sexy.

Must be NM in shrink or have polysleeve to make heavy rotation. VG+??... GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    faniest of fanies

I still need a Montara, can somebody help a brotha out?

CLEAR ACRYLIC BAGS FO LIFE,
    M

faniest of fanies

CLEAR ACRYLIC BAGS FO LIFE,

M

I just bought a few hundred of those laser disc glassy sleeves from Bags Unlimited. Shit is so blanged out. I'm afraid to pop the seal and play my records now.

YOU'RE TOO FANY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, MAYNE

Saying, cop the standard acrylic 2.5 mil clear poly, no clouds in sight and no fear of poppin' flaps. Fuk a comic book style japanese sleeve.

Rock on,

Mark

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Saying, cop the standard acrylic 2.5 mil clear poly, no clouds in sight and no fear of poppin' flaps. Fuk a comic book style japanese sleeve.

Rock on,
    Mark

I prefer 4 mil - they're more durable

Rock on,
    Mark

Saying LOL Saying... Check me into rehab if I start buying those Mobile Fidelity Master anti-static inner sleeves.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Rock on,

Mark

Saying LOL Saying... Check me into rehab if I start buying those Mobile Fidelity Master anti-static inner sleeves.

The fact that you know about Mobile Fidelity Master anti-static inner sleeve is a cause for concern...

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    awesome thread.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Moark, Montara for M.J.K. "H.O.I.T." LP?

Let's do this!

I prefer 4 mil - they're more durable

TOO STRONG, TOO FANY[/b]

TOO STRONG, TOO FANY[/b]

TOO STRONG, TOO FANY[/b]

Okay, here's my heavy rotations:

Yup, gotta rep to the fullest. Stop frontin' Norm, I remember you came up to me a couple months ago and asked me if I had been listening to this. Been a year now, mayne. This was the soundtrack to my move last year.

Yup, put it away for 6 months and now it's all up in the pad.

Quite possibly the best work/"in that zone" album to grind during your 9-5. Brilliant. Hattt all you want, hatters.

My O.C. headz and of course: Hatt all you want, and yeah the cover is wack. But yo, peep "psychobabble" though for the real thorough indie electronics & slamming synths, freals.

and for the whip:

Almost anything by these dudes, but my custom "best of" CD with the amped up levels makes for a fast ride.

Stay fly,

M

Records 4 Life. I'm serious. No, I don't have a free mix for you to download.

Records 4 Life. I'm serious. No, I don't have a free mix for you to download.

LOL

Liar.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    heavyrotation

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    all I've gotten to listen to thus far today... most of us don't get to listen to rackords at the jobby...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

been listening to this non stop the last couple of days

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

been listening to this non stop the last couple of days
    THAT'S why yer depressed hommie. good record though.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    is there an difference in tracks between that one & the one on Bang?

• Raj. You got some good tastes. No offense, but I was little suprised.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i can't take side B of this record off my turntable

• slushslush 691 Posts
    the discount double lp of curtis/jimi on beeeelast
    kevin ayers - joy of toy
    my sister's alton ellis record

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    in the car:

some great tunes on this.

at home:

Heatrockin'

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Raj, that Fatback is also in heavy rotation at my crib. along with

Terry Callier-I Just Can't help my self(side 2 KILLS it)
    GC Cameron-Love songs and other tragedies
    Dizzy Reece-POssesion, Exorcism, Peace
    Norman Connors-Dark of Light

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

Sub Zero Band ??? s/t (Sub Zero) : I???ve had this LP for a while. Got it back when I thought that Funk music was all I wanted. I???m glad my ears grew up??? This is such a funky hippie/folk/rock with violins and psych sounds, with male and female vocals. I put it on earlier and have listened to it twice now. Just a fantastic mix of sounds. Funky beats and grooves. Trippy singing.

Max Strom ??? Moderne Passion (Future) : pretty cool 80s synth pop with some nice dancers and headnodders. ???A Cry and A Whisper??? is DOPE! Ill vocals, open drums taps, nasty synth, and it sounds soooo good. Never really dug this music but if could find more shit like this id be down. Looked him up and hes some yoga instructor or something now.

Ramones ??? Rocket to Russia (Sire) : damn what the fuck was I thinking by NOT listening to these dudes when I was 13 and dating Clare. She would rock out to these dudes??? I was foolish. I wish I could go back and smack myself. Track for track, one of the most awesome records I own. The lyrics, the aggressive playing, the rock n roll that they play??? WOW! I can honestly say that I LOVE every song on this record. I recommend that everyone buy this. (Tried Minor Threat & Dinosaur Jr that my girl had??? ummm, no. What else would I like that is like this record?)

Companion ??? Reap the Lose Dreamers (RAV) : Real nice Xian piece from TN. Real nice soft vocals, guitars with keyboards and a nice drum beat on ???Better Days???. Great effects on some of these tunes. Odd bells and rings, fuzz guitar, etc. Quite spaced-out at times and a fantastic record to get stoned to. On top of it all, it???s very soulful and very funky. It???s a great record from start to finish.

Crosscurrent Community ??? Let the Cosmos Ring! (Avant Garde) : very out there Xian LP. The first track, ???Freedom???, has the most bugged out horn arrangement and this ill organ and drum break down in the latter half of the tune. And this is how it starts out! Odd singing but thank GOD they shut the fuck up from time to time to get some amazing sounds coming out the speakers. ???Here???s Joy??? is a funky organ grinding instrumental monster with drum break and a jazzy breakdown in the middle of the track that slows down this uptempo floor stomper??? and did I mention the flute playing? Damn! I???m surprised this isn???t a club hit somewhere???

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I just pulled these for MY wedding:

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

right now

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I just pulled these for MY wedding:

Nothing like a little "life's a bitch" during the cocktail hour.