NOTICE (RR DAMN STR8)

danceonamericadanceonamerica 233 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Hi, this is just a notification to let every one on this board know that I will never do business with anyone from the UK ever again.No disrespect to any one from the UK in general. Also, if you are from UK and from this board or not, I strongly recommend you to revise your buisiness pratices and never use those slim "UK type" record enveloppes. Almost only UK folks uses theses enveloppes.More, if you think theses enveloppes are "fine enough for your e-buisiness" this is your choice and I am not going to tell you how to run your buisiness. But you can shove them where the sun don't shine and I will favour a Lebanese record dealer before a UK one in 99% of the times (yeah some doesn't use them but I can count them on 1 hand).I do not even give a funk if you are a professional dealer and that you've been doing this since 1975.This notice was of public interest and record related BIG TIME. Not just a personal UK to CANADA beef of mine.I hope theses "UK type" record enveloppes get banned tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM. This is the goal of this thread (I know that MANNY MANNY peoples in the record world are reading this board).Sincerely, WILLYFUNKPS #1: Do not reply to this thread by asking "What was the record?" & "Who".PS #2: I understand that theses enveloppes for records are not necessarily a "UK ONLY" thing. But I have only received theses from UK. I just hope theses get banned from the whole world ASAP.PS #3: Anyone on this board are free to sarcastically refer me as the "ZEN MASTAH" like mylatency did, hehehehe!

Comments

• BAN

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

PS #3: Anyone on this board are free to sarcastically refer me as the "ZEN MASTAH" like mylatency did, hehehehe!

You freakin' fany, you just dissed a whole country's worth of record dealers .

I agree though, I have gotten those record "mailers" in the past, and they made me want to throw up while clawing my eyes out. I can't believe the records made it to the USA in one piece.

So yeah, EURO HEADZ: Please to step yo game up and use real hefty 200lb test boxes that will withstand the rigors of intercontinental travel. DO NOT use those flimsy cardstock or thinly padded mailers with no support against bends or breaks.[/b] Your customers will thank you for it and your reptutation will not suffer these slings and arrows from the shippers with the hard as fuk mailers. Saying.

have a fun week slangin' and buyin' on the 'Strut,

M

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    what was the record and who was it from?

• Why, because I am a little racist again't UK peoples?

This is not a racist thread at all and I am not racist for shit.

This thread was of PUBLIC INTEREST and an OPEN INVITATION TO PROFESSIONALISM.

Do not delete and/or ban.

I know REALLY well what i'm doing and have been very careful of what I said.

Sincerely, WILLYFUNK

BAN

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    PS #2: I understand that theses enveloppes for records are not necessarily a "UK ONLY" thing. But I have only received theses from UK. I just hope theses get banned from the whole world ASAP.

It seems they're commonly used in other European countries

And they are a big problem

• Even if it was a Michael Jackson "Thriller"...

It's already too much.

I have clearly recommend the person to NOT use them.

"Sayin' It And Doin' It (Are Too Different Things) - Like Bobby Byrd said

what was the record and who was it from?

• Thank you gentleman.

Sincerely, WILLYFUNK

PS #2: I understand that theses enveloppes for records are not necessarily a "UK ONLY" thing. But I have only received theses from UK. I just hope theses get banned from the whole world ASAP.

It seems they're commonly used in other European countries

And they are a big problem

• Thank you gentleman.

PS: Your latest finds were amazing.

Sincerely, WILLYFUNK

I agree though, I have gotten those record "mailers" in the past, and they made me want to throw up while clawing my eyes out. I can't believe the records made it to the USA in one piece..........

• There is an OPEN INVITATION TO MARCOFUNK and an OPEN INVITATION TO PROFESSIONALISM.

Both are my TOP PRIORITY.

Sincerely, WILLYFUNK

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Wasn't there a thread about this a week ago?

• I'm going to have to cosign this flimsy mailer complaint right here.

• Hey Haz, how are you? Are you coming to the next Montreal record show?

I have no clue if there was a similar thread because I do not read soulstrut everyday.

If so, here's a second one.

Sincerely, WILLYFUNK

Wasn't there a thread about this a week ago?

• What a crybaby, get over it.

These are the risks you take with buying mail order/online etc, my advice is get insurance on your package, records can get busted whatever way they are sent.
    Ask the american who shipped me 2 expensive 45's in a mailer then packed them in a cardboard box sideways so that when it got squashed my poor 45's were shattered!!!
    I'm in europe and have had lots of records(45s & LPs) sent to me in those thin mailers,while not ideal I've not had any problems yet...
    However one american guy I deal with regularly and is based in japan, ships the records in bubble wrap envelopes with no card or anything!!! Always got here in one piece as well, so far.
    If you ask me the problem would seem to be with the postal service at your end...

• I will not change my mind.

And I will not tell anyone how to run their buisiness/hobby.

The mail man doesn't give a funk if it's fragile and if it's a US$750 Ethiopian Funk LP inside and will finish his day once his run is finished (not my case here! lol! i'm WILLYFUNK not MARCOFUNK)

I'm already getting over it. Otherwise I wouldn't be that humoristic.

What a crybaby, get over it...

If you ask me the problem would seem to be with the postal service at your end...