Y'all seen MADE on MTV?

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Little white kid gets schooled on the rap game by C-Rayz Walz.He gets to go in the booth with Ghostface on the boards. Ghost's face (and that of Trife) is priceless as this poor kid clowns himself.REAL highlight was P-Star, a little 9 yr old Rican chick who is like putting this kid on to some "knowledge" about the rap game and then proceeds to battle him on the corner.At the end I think they take him out to the West to kick it with Snoop and the Game I dunno I turned it off saying though parents have cable and i don't so it's like fun to watch trash tv sometimes.

Comments

• I don't know man. Reality TV is trash as a rule, but the two or so episodes of made I've seen were pretty engaging. I mean, it's MTV, so you have to assume everything's a set-up, but they don't seem to be afraid of showing the contestant fall flat, and yet at the same time it's not cheap exploitation. Haven't seen the rap version though, might strike me differently than, say, cheerleading.

• REAL highlight was P-Star, a little 9 yr old Rican chick who is like putting this kid on to some "knowledge" about the rap game and then proceeds to battle him on the corner.
    she was adorable. never seen a 9 year old with swagger like that. baby girl was dope.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    that show was so whack. That white kid was a joke. The whole thing was a joke.

I like how he kept saying "I get to perform in front of a real hip hop crowd" and that "real hip hop crowd" was all the white upper middle class kids rockin preppy clothes and wearing they mesh hats sideways.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    that show was so whack. That white kid was a joke. The whole thing was a joke.

I like how he kept saying "I get to perform in front of a real hip hop crowd" and that "real hip hop crowd" was all the white upper middle class kids rockin preppy clothes and wearing they mesh hats sideways.
    Real hip-hop since '99.

I bet C Rayz got some nice paper for that. I mean, he didn't even mention one of his records.

Real hip-hop since '99.

I have a feeling that was aimed at me. Im not sure why.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    The episode with the girl learning to ride BMX was amazing. The rest have been pretty lame though.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Real hip-hop since '99.

You would, but it wasn't. I was actually making a call on the state of hip-hop, being that most crowds for "real hip-hop" are frequented by preppy white kids that rock the trendy items.

At least MTV doesn't play that episode 5 times a day. I think that would have the same effect 8 Mile had on rap battles. There's no need to for all of that. We have enough cornballage as it is.

Real hip-hop since '99.

You would, but it wasn't. I was actually making a call on the state of hip-hop, being that most crowds for "real hip-hop" are frequented by preppy white kids that rock the trendy items.

At least MTV doesn't play that episode 5 times a day. I think that would have the same effect 8 Mile had on rap battles. There's no need to for all of that. We have enough cornballage as it is.

my bad.

there is no need for all of that cornball shit. that kid was super corny.