AP it's Dick Clark on Line 1 for you

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dick-Clarks-personal-record-collection-of-45s_W0QQitemZ4771316025QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey, I heard you buy rackords. I am full up on AM gold. Call me, dood.

PS: I got dibs on all the Mac Davis jawns.

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    What you fuckers got nothing to say about Bandstand, the "Unaging One" or his 45s. Bump bitches. ENTERTAIN ME!!!!!!!

• I think its funny no one bid on that shit. What did Dick need money since he couldn't work new years last year?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    this thread has a good beat and I can dance to it.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    including rare gems such as "Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis Presley and "Tears On My Pillow" by Little Anthony And The Imperials

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I think its funny no one bid on that shit. What did Dick need money since he couldn't work new years last year?

That is exactly what I was thinking. Dick needs to unload those mid 70s Rita Coolidge 45s to pay for some more gold fixtures in the bathroom? As they say don't knock the hustle.

It must be some real bullshit cause they could have contacted someone like Craig Moerer and he probably would have flown to check it out. H**** and Craig get the jet warmed up, we're going to Beverly Hills to buy raers.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    From what I understand, Dick Clark wasn't even a genuine music FAN - the only reason he had those records around in the first place was because it was his job. He needed them for the TV shows, syndicated radio specials, etc.. He'd probably admit as much. Hell, I'd be more interested in him releasing eps of Bandstand, Soul Unlimited, etc. on DVD - I'd love to see Charles Wright & the Watts 103rd St. Rhythm Band in action, even if they are just lip-synching...

Once he was profiled on a TV news show in the fifties. The camera crew went all through his house and shit. At the time, he had no records, so he had his contacts at record labels send him a bunch of empty album covers so it'd look good for the cameras. This was according to Dick himself...

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

it also has a funky beat, and i can bug out to it.

• this thread has a good beat and I can dance to it.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. It does go well with the chicken !!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    the man whose very microphone is in the Smithsonian Institution

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I see your

the man whose very microphone is in the Smithsonian Institution

and I raise you

These are the hits that make up B>the soundtrack of our lives/B>

delicious again peter

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Take that shit to grandroyal.com.

Take that shit to grandroyal.com.

how about a benny and the jets by the biz on flexi disk...should i take that there as well..it's a RR thread

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

how about a benny and the jets by the biz on flexi disk

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

how about a benny and the jets by the biz on flexi disk

me too, I love that shit. Anybody have a Dick Clark 45 case for sale?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    step one: how old is dick clark now?

step two:

delicious again peter

IMG src=http://www.indiana45s.com/biz.gif>

anybody else got the lp with these samples? something abou Wine tasting...dont have the record right here with me but it seems like its on an actual major label? columbia maybe?