Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr. Then Some

aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
gotta say. some movies don't hold up. but Ghostbusters will remain classic forever. watching this right now on the hotel tube and shit is making me laugh.mellowing me out after a pretty awful day of dealing with some bureaucratic bullshit + a landlord who's trying to scam October rent in new orleans. anyway, Ghostbusters....

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Hell yeah, classic! I watched that with my friends at my 4th grade birthday party.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Bustin' makes me feel good[/b]

• Dope Movie.

But Ray Parker Jr.'s joint?

FUCK THAT.

Dood bit Huey Lewis' "I Need a New Drug" wholesale.

Obviously Ray had some unfuckwittable material, but I most definitely do NOT celebrate his entire catalogue. Ghostbusters theme was a bite plain and simple.

"Come on, dude."

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Agreed, Slimer used to scare me

I had a dream about being in that movie a few years back. Who knows what dream analysts would say about that one.

Speaking of scary things Ar*, the Shook Mix ( http://www.soulstrut.com ) is the mix I was playing in your car when we were driving to Mississippi and it was dark. You switched it to a Aleit soul tape and that made for much better driving.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Agreed, Slimer used to scare me

I had a dream about being in that movie a few years back. Who knows what dream analysts would say about that one.

Speaking of scary things Ar*, the Shook Mix (http://www.soulstrut.com) is the mix I was playing in your car when we were driving to Mississippi and it was dark. You switched it to a Aleit soul tape and that made for much better driving.

it's the little touches in that movie that amuse me. anyway, it's long over now. i turned off the chris farley kung fun movie so i could finish up the rest of my work (getting ebay list together and a new set sale list will be on the way shortly as well).

I know you don't believe me- but i did dig that mix mark. it was just dark and i was getting stressed out (maybe spooked) on those mississippi roads and needed to switch it up to something soothing. i had a feeling Shook was the same mix.

fuck man, last night it hit me how much i miss the sort of driving i did in Louisiana and Mississippi. I got incredibyl nostalgic and sad about it. It hasn't been the same out here in Texas at all. you gotta hit me off with some of those contacts you found in TX though. i really should head out that way soon before all the convention madness arrives (which will be any day now).

let me know when you want to call to hear that rock thing and i'm sure i can find something else too.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "PM's made public," y'all just witnessed some building.

ARI IS THAT DOOD.

-M