has anyone seen al green perform lately?

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
he's coming to trenton next week and i wanted to know if he's still on point or if it's gonna be, like a bad gospel show or something.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The dude still has it. Saw him in Atlantic City this time last year. He went on after midnight and KILLED IT.

I would definitely recommend that you go. Take a lady.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    saw him about a year and 4 months ago with isaac hayes opening. it was an excellent show. definitely go see him.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    yo where is he playin? not conduit i hope...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    well nevermind, i can't find it on ticketmaster or the schedule on the venues website, despite the fact i drove past the arena like two days ago and it was on the marquee. maybe it got cancelled? i might drive down tomorrow and check it out.

the only thing i found were a few dates in november in nyc at the bluenote and bb kings....

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    i might pick up the phone and call[/b] tomorrow and check it out.

if he was playin in trenton i'd def take my lady to see it. the conduit is pits though...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    nah across the street at sovereign bank arena, although apparantly not anymore. maybe i just hallucinated the whole thing? that's a pretty large venue for an al green show now that i think about it.

yeah it's kinda large, but not really out of the question.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    ok nevermind it's at the war memorial
    thewarmemorial.com

and of course that means high prices

Tickets:
    Tickets $35 to $75

true. have you ever seen a show there?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    nope. is it worth it?

i've never seen a show there but i'm thinking it might be better (and cheaper?) to see the rev. at bb king's. plus it might give me an excuse to finally go to johnny paycheck's joint and buy some vinyl.

• I went to see him in Juli in The Hague. I loved it. Great band too. The venue was huge, but sound and atmosphere were perfect.

Take a lady.