packages from France? Anyone else have problems?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I've been waiting about 3 weeks now for a package from France...supposedly sent using the French equivalent to Priority Mail. I'm usually not that worried...but the seller (eBay) was on some, "oh, we've been having strange problems with the mailing here" which, for some reason, made me get that Spidey sense. His ratings are good though - just one negative out of nearly 300 responses.My question is: has anyone else experienced any delays in French orders?

Comments

• I've experienced some delays with items that I've shipped to France. I wouldn't automatically assume the sender is doing anything wrong, I think their postal system is slow. Plus they've been having major strikes recently that shut down much of the country.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I dunno we have been having some issues with international pacakges. We sent a record to England a few weeks ago that still has not arrived...

• i'm having pretty slow packages arriving from all of europe in general. i think i have three items that haven't gotten here in a couple weeks. one has been over a month, but was from germany. one from france and the other from austria.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Word, thanks fellas. I know I'm being paranoid but records will do that.

• Word, thanks fellas. I know I'm being paranoid but records will do that.

Hell yes. I hate it when you find bargains and you just hope it doesn't get lost, knowing you will never find a deal like that again.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Especially when you're paying $!3 for shipping.

Man, the weak dollar suuuuuuccckkkks. (For Americans at least).

• Options
    I just had a pair of sneakers take around three weeks to get here from France, I wouldn't worry.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    Everything fine for me, usually takes no more than a week for stuff to arrive in the UK from mainland Europe. I guess it might be a different kettle of fish for going across the Atlantic though. Recently I've got packages from the US in 4-5 days, and Japan 3-4 days, which is surprisingly brilliant service. I'm the first to criticise the postal service, but I've got to hold my hands up and say props for this. Although I am waiting for something, so we'll just see how this turns out!

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Over the past six months I've had nothing but problems sending and receiving foreign mail (I'm in London). I've had packages sent back to me that I've mailed to Japan, things go 'missing' that were coming to me from Europe... all kinds of crap.

I *always* send things registered now, regardless of whether the buyer wants it. I'm just not taking the risk anymore.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    im getting fucked by a seller in seattle, it doesnt feel good, ive been waiting for this package for over 6 weeks, i dont think its coming...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    well i quess theres worse things that can happen than not getting ebay shit

.............although its a fuckin rare !!!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    usually my packages show up about an hour after I send the seller an email asking where my package is.

• I've experienced some delays with items that I've shipped to France. I wouldn't automatically assume the sender is doing anything wrong, I think their postal system is slow. Plus they've been having major strikes recently that shut down much of the country.

Oliver-

I just go tback from France, and while I was there it was strike-central. Even the Metro workers went on strike and the managers had to drive the trains. Plus, I gotta echo the above sentiment that La Poste ain't exactly the most efficient organization in the world. I wouldn't worry yet.

-Zvi