Basketball Begins - TOMORROW!!!!

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I don't care about the baseball playoffs, I hardly pay attention to the NFL. I'm catching a couple Cal football games (wow, you showed great D in that loss to UCLA). What I'm REALLY waiting for is November and the return of the NBA. To get a little tease, the Warriors' first pre-season game against the Lakers is going to be broadcast on the local Fox Sports station tomorrow at 10PM. Let the games begin!

Comments

• nice, nice. i'm curious to see the "new" lakers".

• yes sir. can't wait to go see the knicks play the sixers next week. i'm still not sure how larry brown is going to handle the backcourt with steph/nate rob/jamal/q/and possibly allan houston. plus, i'm probably going to break down in tears when i see a true center in a knicks uniform. i've been such a loyal fan through some of the leanest years in knicks history so i'm hoping for big things now that we finally have some horses on this squad.

oh, and motown ... your warriors are shaping up pretty nicely as well. if baron can stay healthy and return to his old form (his numbers after the trade last year were great) they should always be a pretty exciting team to watch. that kid mickael pietrus needs to find himself some more minutes though ..

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Warriors are going to be hot. Don't know how Brown is going to handle the Knicks period. He didn't get along with Marbury in the past,and there's a lot of young players on that team when Brown I think prefers older ones. Curry is going to make them or break them though. Which one will show up? The in shape and developing center with a high field goal percentage and developing post game. Or the out of shape, lacadasical center that gets into foul trouble and doesn't want to put in the effort.

Speaking of coaches, how is Phil Jackson going to use the Triangle Offense with a rebuilding team with only one player (Kobe) that can hit an 18 foot jump shot? I assume he'll make Odom into the point forward, Kobe will play more off the ball, which will help the whole team, but they've got Kwame "I quit on my team during the playoffs because I didn't like Gilbert Arenas" Brown, Chris "Hi, I've been in the NBA for a while but no one knows" Mihm and a High School kid to play the post, plus a bunch of no names at point guard. That's not a lot to play with.

• yeah i'm pretty excited too for this season even though the lakers are going to be about .500 this year. they will be better than last year but i doubt phil will be there longer than 2 years if they don't start winning.

interesting that larry brown went to the knicks. i had totally forgot about that, it was so long ago.

baron davis is one of my favorite players, i think i went to every one of his college games. that dude has major game.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i'm with you 100% motown.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I don't follow football or baseball too much so I'm way excited it's finally basketball season again. Can't wait to go to some games soon. (hint hint magic jackson, my berfday is soon)

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    nice, nice. i'm curious to see the "new" lakers".

Speaking of coaches, how is Phil Jackson going to use the Triangle Offense with a rebuilding team with only one player (Kobe) that can hit an 18 foot jump shot? I assume he'll make Odom into the point forward, Kobe will play more off the ball, which will help the whole team, but they've got Kwame "I quit on my team during the playoffs because I didn't like Gilbert Arenas" Brown, Chris "Hi, I've been in the NBA for a while but no one knows" Mihm and a High School kid to play the post, plus a bunch of no names at point guard. That's not a lot to play with.

Here we go again.

LA does not have many promising prospects, and with a GM that got rid of Caron Butler and kept Odom, I'll be happy if the Lakers clinch the 8th spot in the West.

the words "championship-caliber" and this dude, should not be in the same sentence. GET RID OF ODOM ALREADY.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Well on the positive side, with Phil Jackson back at least the team will play some defense (hopefully).

Well on the positive side, with Phil Jackson back at least the team will play some defense (hopefully).

word.

+

=

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Point Guards = Aaron Mckie & Sasha Vuichi

it's going to be a loooooooooong season in Lakerland

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Warriors are going to be hot.

major co-sign

baron davis is one of my favorite players, i think i went to every one of his college games. that dude has major game.

So-cal LOVES this fool. He has some of the best instincts in the game. What I mean is he knows when and where to shake opponents, leap for a steal, etc.x2
    I don't know how many ILL!!!!! plays i've seen from him. As you said Dave, this guy got GAME. Most definitely one of the THE most exciting players to watch. When he doesn't have chronic back and knee injuries, he's a certified baller.
    I mean seriously, how many players in the league can shake a perimeter defender and drain a pull-up three? or cross his defender at the top of the key, only to spin move off another, and finish strong over the opposition center? very few.
    too bad he's never gonna win a ring. (although i want him too).

B-DIDDY, COME PLAY IN LA!!!

Point Guards = Aaron Mckie & Sasha Vuichi

it's going to be a loooooooooong season in Lakerland

I like Aaron Mckie. Although he is a bit old, he knows how the play the game.

Sasha who?

• Anyone interested in Fantasy Basketball on Yahoo. I think you need like 10 people to have a league. I will get a league together if enough people PM and want to play. I can't wait for basketball and I acctually have cable now so I can watch some games.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Anyone interested in Fantasy Basketball on Yahoo. I think you need like 10 people to have a league. I will get a league together if enough people PM and want to play.

I usually do a league with some hommies, but a Strutter one would be cool as well. Can we get enough people to be down? Lesson learned from last year, select the head-to-head option and not just the long term one. It got WAY boring 3/4s into the season. At that point everyone is in their spots and its pretty much

Anyone tried ESPN, is that pay-to-play or free as well?

• Anyone interested in Fantasy Basketball on Yahoo. I think you need like 10 people to have a league. I will get a league together if enough people PM and want to play.

I usually do a league with some hommies, but a Strutter one would be cool as well. Can we get enough people to be down? Lesson learned from last year, select the head-to-head option and not just the long term one. It got WAY boring 3/4s into the season. At that point everyone is in their spots and its pretty much

Anyone tried ESPN, is that pay-to-play or free as well?

Yeah I was wondering about which option to pick. It does seem like head to head would be better.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Aaron McKie is a quality pick-up. He's solid off the bench and, when not injured, is good for 12-14 points. He's a good ball handler and is really smart. He's got an ugly looking shot, but he can knock down the open jumper for sure. And, he's a remarkably good finisher for a dude who can't dunk. I'm sad he's no longer on the Sixers, but we didn't really need him anymore now that we're gonna win the 'chip.

-e

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    When your man plays inside and he gets posterized....that's Amare.....

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Warriors are going to be hot.

major co-sign

this is great. so many warriors fans up in this board! i havent seen so many warriors fans in one place since i was at a game and even that gets a bit dicey when the lakers are in town.

i havent been so eager for the season since 1993 i think.

go W's!

-rich

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Stoudemire out four months after surgery[/b]

PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Suns will be without All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire for about four months after he underwent microfracture surgery to repair damage to his injured left knee on Tuesday. More...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Suns will be without All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire for about four months after he underwent microfracture surgery to repair damage to his injured left knee on Tuesday. More...

Holy Shit. Well I guess the Matrix and Steve Nash are gonna have to pick up major slack for the first half of the season.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

Holy Shit. Well I guess the Matrix and Steve Nash are gonna have to pick up major slack for the first half of the season.

Uhhhh.............

Damn.