Price Check - Ras Kass: Won't Catch Me Runnin'

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Remain Anonymous on the flipside.

Comments

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    I'd estimate $15-20 for the picture sleeve version.

Great 12", but not really in demand at present.

On a similar note, does anyone know about an original Priority test-press of Ras's 'Jack Frost'? I have that shady bootleg with 'Live From C-Arson' on the flip - but I'm sure there was an official press as I saw it listed in DJs playlists from that time.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Remain Anonymous on the flipside.

and maybe its too cheap... i dont really know... but the colored vinyl with RA on the A and Etc on the B i was getting $40 a piece for about a year ago.

and yeah... i agree with the $15-20 price tag for the picture cover one...

does anyone have another promo Tshirt of this tune with the lyrics on the back that they would like to sell or trade? i cant find my green one...

• yes, there is a promo only white label version of Jack Frost, vocal and instr. only on it. the only Dj I know in the world who has one is Og Mark Luv. It had a plain white label with JAckfrost scribbled across it in sharpee.

On a side note, My old partner used to battle rass on the regular at Del Amo back in the early nineties, we were all sure he would be the West Coast Nas and put Southbay on the map.

• HUGE potential; HUGE letdown with that guy. But I still consider him to be one of the West's illests lyricists. A mind is a terrible thing to waste but I guess it was never meant to be.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh I don't blame him for the let down though. Soul on Ice is a classic IMO, hate if you want. The production values and the lyrics on the album are some of the best. Unfortunately like Nas it was pretty much ehhh after that. UNlike Nas though he was never able to come back with any kind of singles that were worth much after the first album.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i consider van gogh his best album, not counting the pre-soul on ice demo stuff.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    yeh I don't blame him for the let down though. Soul on Ice is a classic IMO, hate if you want.

I am hating.

• I always thought some of his dopest verses were on some of his guest shots: Key Kool's E=MC5, Come Widdit with Ahmad and Saafir, and Coolio's Get Up, Det Down.

• HUGE potential; HUGE letdown with that guy. But I still consider him to be one of the West's illests lyricists. A mind is a terrible thing to waste but I guess it was never meant to be.

Agreed. He's the westcoast Nas to me, one insanely dope album and after that it's all been downhill. Two (or four) of the most suspect ears for beats, too.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Btw, are you looking to accquire or to unload one?

If the former, I think I have one that I could let go of. Don't be coming at me with no abstrakt scientifikal project blizowed west coast bullschitt, though.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh I don't blame him for the let down though. Soul on Ice is a classic IMO, hate if you want.

I am hating.

expected.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I got a spare of the OG pressing of Wont Catch Me Runnin'... no pic cover tho. anyone needs, hit me up.

peace.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    yes, there is a promo only white label version of Jack Frost, vocal and instr. only on it. the only Dj I know in the world who has one is Og Mark Luv. It had a plain white label with JAckfrost scribbled across it in sharpee.

took a minute, but i finally located the jack frost 12" i knew i had stashed somewhere here. rainbo records test pressing, with "on earth... (clean)" and "jack frost (explicit)" on one side, the other side is blank. says 1 of 25 made on the label, but i doubt it.
    then again who knows, it came from the collection of a fairly prolific west coast dj.