No I.D. - 4 rare mp3s and article.

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited October 2005 in Announcements
This album has been pretty slept on. No ID isnt the best emcee but on the beats he is fuc*s **** up. The article is a small lil blurb i wrote on it, but the mp3s are banging. That fate and destiny track is mad tight. i love that organ in the backround. Ruggggedd... Peacehttp://thelowendtheory.blogspot.com/2005/10/skys-limit-no-id.html

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Interesting, never heard of the guy. The production reminds me though of that intermediate transitionary period from gritty-sample based to full on slick keyboarding and interpolations; it's like it doesn't know where it should be. So they have slick-sounding sorta-sample based production. Of course, being from 97 or 98 or whatever, it's right in the time period.

I thought it on par for the time period and production type, but the first track stood out as something to listen to later.

His flows are straight. Good stuff.

So thanks for sharing.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    To me, this is classic mid-90's hip hop. I remember hearing both the 12's from this album on the radio at the time. My favourite is definitely "State to State" featuring Common but stay clear of the Beatnuts remix.

• Suprised you've never heard of him, he produced 90% of the Resurrection LP by Common. No ID is dope, i really enjoyed that album...

• This album has been pretty slept on. No ID isnt the best emcee but on the beats he is fuc*s **** up. The article is a small lil blurb i wrote on it, but the mp3s are banging. That fate and destiny track is mad tight. i love that organ in the backround. Ruggggedd... Peace
    ll a href="chttp://thelowendtheory.blogspot.com/2005/10/skys-limit-no-id.html" target="_blank">chttp://thelowendtheory.blogspot.com/2005/10/skys-limit-no-id.html[/url]

First time I went to Chicago with Moss and Pee, No ID took us digging. He was buying crazy raers and not trippin on the cost at all. First time I had ever seen a record at work. I knew I had to sell some beats after seeing him drop all that paper. We went to his crib that night and he gave us a dub of his album and the Common that came out around the same time. Beatwise he was really killing it at that time and he actually still makes dope shit (Ghostface "Metal Lungies" Midwikid "Like We Pose Ta" etc). I think he told me he did 8 beats off his album is a day. "State to State" and "Fate or Destiny" were definitely slappery. I have some pictures from his studio somewhere buried.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I have some pictures from his studio somewhere buried.

Please post pics when you find 'em.

• Interesting, never heard of the guy.

Wow.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Interesting, never heard of the guy.

Wow.

That surprised me as well. How are you NOT going to know who NO I.D. is? Dude has done dope production work for years. He taught Kanye West how to sample and make beats. Common's resurrection LP? CLASSIC. He did my favorite track on Jay-Z's Blueprint 2.0. Did joints for G-Unit, Scarface, Toni Braxton, Ghostface, etc. The K. Fox joints were ill. I wish Def Jam would have released the K.Fox album! That would have been a very nice R&B album.

• oosioosi 40 Posts
    yea that album is surely slept on.....that common verse on state to state was killin back then, and still gets me hyped up now..love that shit....record is called "accept your own and be yourself" realeased on relativity recs. 15 tracks in all, check it

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    This album has been pretty slept on. No ID isnt the best emcee but on the beats he is fuc*s **** up. The article is a small lil blurb i wrote on it, but the mp3s are banging. That fate and destiny track is mad tight. i love that organ in the backround. Ruggggedd... Peace
    ll a href="chttp://thelowendtheory.blogspot.com/2005/10/skys-limit-no-id.html" target="_blank">chttp://thelowendtheory.blogspot.com/2005/10/skys-limit-no-id.html[/url]

First time I went to Chicago with Moss and Pee, No ID took us digging. He was buying crazy raers and not trippin on the cost at all. First time I had ever seen a record at work. I knew I had to sell some beats after seeing him drop all that paper. We went to his crib that night and he gave us a dub of his album and the Common that came out around the same time. Beatwise he was really killing it at that time and he actually still makes dope shit (Ghostface "Metal Lungies" Midwikid "Like We Pose Ta" etc). I think he told me he did 8 beats off his album is a day. "State to State" and "Fate or Destiny" were definitely slappery. I have some pictures from his studio somewhere buried.

thats rugged. Yeah he has been one of my favorite producers ever since Resurrection. Thanks for checking out the post. The beats are hard as fu** though.

• He taught Kanye West how to sample and make beats.

I heard that was Dug Infinite. but yo that's another dude who should of gone to bigger and better things, hopefully something will happen. He's a real nice cat.

little dude name drop moment alert[/b]

I played him some beats like 2-3 years ago and he said he was feeling 'em ("Yo man, I liked what I hear a lot"). Maybe that's why I'm partial to dude.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    the link is blocked. is there a way to refresh this?