Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    guess who's putting theri spare copy on Ebay this week?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Strollin' On Sunday.

That is all.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    The funny thing is that I bet people are thinking it has a break on it. But it's really the live (in Paris?) LP that has the version with the often sampled break. The LP version is

I really need to start e-baying my goodwill piles.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    They're not into breaks, more of a Euro vs USA bidding war

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts
    guess who's putting theri spare copy on Ebay this week?

Hope you get lucky

Strollin' On Sunday.

That is all.

Agree!

'Hooked on you' is the track for me and 'Music of life' was pretty big on the London rare groove scene back in the 80's

Any others?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Catch you out there like Rick Cerrone.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Perhaps it's because it's mint. I've had that 7-8 times and never had even a NM copy.
    T.N.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i passed on a NM copy of that a few weeks back at Half Price Books for 3 bucks

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    No...I just refuse to believe that. It's got to be some special pressing or something. That's not even a $5 record, it's a $1 record. And, as huge a fan of Cerrone as I am, that ain't even touching his best stuff.

• M1NYAM1NYA 18 Posts
    I never post here.. too scared. This is one of my favourite records... Look for Love is sooo nice. The strings and baseline. Wish I had the 12" of this track... I like the Bob Sinclair versions too.

Perhaps it's because it's mint. I've had that 7-8 times and never had even a NM copy.
    T.N.

True you only see worn ones most of the time, but still as the Mack said even NM and even mint should be less than $10. Oh well, how can you even guess what e-bay bidders are thinking sometimes.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

Only Jean-Marc knows...

This bugs me though. Could it be the label ? There's a version on Malligator, CBS & Cotillion, the 12" is on Unidisc, etc. ? Is that a promostamp between the E and the I ?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Catch you out there like Rick Cerrone.

thats a nyyankees baseball reference buddy.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    This bugs me though. Could it be the label ? There's a version on Malligator, CBS & Cotillion, the 12" is on Unidisc, etc. ? Is that a promostamp between the E and the I ?

Man, this just happens sometimes, there is no reason... we've seen the Tower of Power records go over a hundred and myriad other "under $10" records reach this level once or twice and there's never any explanation... except perhaps somebody intentionally jerking the seller

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    The funny thing is that I bet people are thinking it has a break on it. But it's really the live (in Paris?) LP that has the version with the often sampled break. The LP version is

There is a break on there, in fact a classic hip hop break. Not "Rocket In The Pocket", though, the break is on "Look For Love". Big in NY but REALLY big in Philly back in the early Jazzy Jeff / Cash Money era of the '80's. Marley Marl scratched it in on one of those Roxanne Shante records back in the days, too... I think on "Bite This".

I don't know much about "Pet Sounds", but I know about braeks, mang!

But still... $200??? It's a trick, don't believe the hype.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

yet another record I have to go home and peep again... I was fooled when I copped this too but I feel better now that Phill says that there is a break on it...

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Look at the bid history -- just another ebay situation of two rich dudes having a pissing match. That record is everywhere.

Cerrone =

• Look at the bid history -- just another ebay situation of two rich dudes having a pissing match. That record is everywhere.

Ive had 3 sealed copies in the last few months. Sold same LP for $6 or so IF i could even sell them on the bay.

That shit is ridiculous. You gotta be fucking dusted to pay $200 for that mess.

Great album though

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    I picked this record up still sealed with another Cerrone lp for $10 on ebay 6 months ago. Weird..

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Why are you guys exclaiming over this?

It's nothing so dramatic as "two rich guys having a pissing match"; it's just somebody f**king with the seller.

Happens all the time.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

There is a break on there, in fact a classic hip hop break. Not "Rocket In The Pocket", though, the break is on "Look For Love". Big in NY but REALLY big in Philly back in the early Jazzy Jeff / Cash Money era of the '80's. Marley Marl scratched it in on one of those Roxanne Shante records back in the days, too... I think on "Bite This".

But still... $200??? It's a trick, don't believe the hype.[/b]

That's nuts!!!!! Rick Cerrone going for 2 yards is ridiculous. I got my copy for free and I still paid too much!!!! Even though, some of his joints can rock the party (at least back in the days when I was DJin').

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    That's nuts!!!!! Rick Cerrone going for 2 yards is ridiculous.

Well, as Tripledub said earlier, Rick Cerrone was a catcher for the Yanks and Mets back in the days, hence the "catch you out there" reference by Diamond. And as Lamont said earlier, the Cerrone that this thread is about is named Jean-Marc. I understand the confusion, though... at first that's what I thought Diamond was talking about too with that line, until I remembered the baseball player.

STILL.... $200??? And these aren't dudes with 0 feedback who hiked the price up like that. I guess they're playing a game and the seller is in on it maybe? Everybody who's now thinking about unloading your Cerrone lps on Ebay, you may as well keep 'em on the shelf. They're not gonna sell for more than a few bucks, if that.
    Some of the stuff that goes on on Ebay I just don't get at all. That Taana Gardner "Heartbeat" 12" was selling anywhere from 60+ dollars to not at all just a month or two ago. Makes no sense whatsoever.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    That's nuts!!!!! Rick Cerrone going for 2 yards is ridiculous.

Well, as Tripledub said earlier, Rick Cerrone was a catcher for the Yanks and Mets back in the days, hence the "catch you out there" reference by Diamond. And as Lamont said earlier, the Cerrone that this thread is about is named Jean-Marc. I understand the confusion, though... at first that's what I thought Diamond was talking about too with that line, until I remembered the baseball player.

STILL.... $200??? And these aren't dudes with 0 feedback who hiked the price up like that. I guess they're playing a game and the seller is in on it maybe? Everybody who's now thinking about unloading your Cerrone lps on Ebay, you may as well keep 'em on the shelf. They're not gonna sell for more than a few bucks, if that.

Some of the stuff that goes on on Ebay I just don't get at all. That Taana Gardner "Heartbeat" 12" was selling anywhere from 60+ dollars to not at all just a month or two ago. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Yo Phill,

It's amazing the facts that slip "under the radar". Actually, I never gave a second thought to Cerrone's first name since his album covers simply contain his last name. Hummmmmm...... As a far as that E-bay madness goes, it's just that, madness. I'm amazed though about how the value of some of my records have shot up over the years. When I started, the LPs weren't so "coveted" so price or value wasn't really the issue. I'm surprised that "Games, Dames, and Guitar Thangs" and "Eddie Fisher & the Next One Hundred Years" go for bread. Boggles my mind!!!! Shit, maybe I should start sellin' records.......just kidding!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'm surprised that "Games, Dames, and Guitar Thangs" and "Eddie Fisher & the Next One Hundred Years" go for bread. Boggles my mind!!!! Shit, maybe I should start sellin' record.......just kidding!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Two of my all time favorite records right there... I don't see what's so ridiculous about the price they go for now, though. Well, at least they're a HELLuva lot better than Cerrone!

I'm surprised that "Games, Dames, and Guitar Thangs" and "Eddie Fisher & the Next One Hundred Years" go for bread. Boggles my mind!!!! Shit, maybe I should start sellin' record.......just kidding!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Two of my all time favorite records right there... I don't see what's so ridiculous about the price they go for now, though. Well, at least they're a HELLuva lot better than Cerrone!

...Because I bought them for $2 and $5, respectively (circa 1987, Eddie Hazel; circa 1993, Eddie Fisher). I love both LPs, by the way.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I feel you on that, I just think they're worth what you may pay for them now...and the smirk was for Cerrone, not Big Brother Stacks!

I feel you on that, I just think they're worth what you may pay for them now...and the smirk was for Cerrone, not Big Brother Stacks!

WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!! Things sure have changed!!!! You could buy a tall "stack" of records for like 30 bucks back then. No wonder I don't shop for records as much as I used to. Shit's gettin' major financially and I guess I haven't conformed to it because I'm "set in my ways like Kunta Kinte." I feel for this new wave of collectors.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

But still... $200??? It's a trick, don't believe the hype.

Ahhhhhh! Have to go re-listen to that. Rocket in the Pocket was the one I was thinking of cuz I was quite let down when I first got that LP and the RITP version was quite different than the live harder to find version.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

WOW,.. yo I bought this joint years ago and listened to it once,.... I recall there might have been a couple of loopable disco bars somewhere on one of the cuts,... Anyway (after reading this thread), I picked it up again($1) on the way to the supermarket yesterday,... so now I have a spare copy, and if anybody wants it, its for sale for ultra low..... $199.99.... I'll even through in a couple of Boney M records !!!!!