Need info on Random funk 45, The Fourth Room

NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone have info on this one? Found it a few weeks back, flip is a voter encouragement vocal called "Vote". This side is a funk instrumental and it's pretty nice. Outta Indiana.

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Anyone have info on this one? Found it a few weeks back, flip is a voter encouragement vocal called "Vote". This side is a funk instrumental and it's pretty nice. Outta Indiana.

Shows up from time to time, often with a rad picture sleeve! Indiana45s is really the one to consult on this. Josh outbid me on one about 6 months ago ($20, or so).

• Thanks, yeah I was hoping Indiana45s would respond but I guess he's not round right now. I didn't expect it to be too valuable, but it's just such an odd concept that I did become curious as to what the background was on the band and the project.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    theres also a picture sleeve for this record... think it has an american eagle or something on it... and yeah sorry i dont have any more info on it than that... if i recall correctly a convo between j and i was that this record wasnt that big of a deal and that while they arent common they arent sought after either. cool tune though!

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I have a copy with the picture sleeve, and it does have an eagle on it. I can scan it tonight if anyone would like me to. Don't know much about it, though.

• Anyone have info on this one? Found it a few weeks back, flip is a voter encouragement vocal called "Vote". This side is a funk instrumental and it's pretty nice. Outta Indiana.

Yeah, this turns up from time to time. It's fairly rare, pretty well unknown and not in very much demand. It was written by Ed Labunski, who is a famous jingle writer. (He wrote "This Bud's for You". If you google him you'll find out how he ruled the airwaves with jingles throughout the 70s and 80s. Apparently, he passed away a few years ago. His house would have been a few block from mine.