.rm --> .mp3

williedynamitewilliedynamite 263 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I know this thread was posted before, but I can't seem to find it...Anyone know how to transfer .rm files into mp3s... seems like most of the mixes in this piece are .rms, which i can't put into my regular rotation in iTunes...Apologies for the repeat of unexciting thread.

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I use Audio Hijack, which works greatIMO. Forget how much it costs to register, but it's not much. There may be a free alternative, though.

p.s. Where in Lhasa are you staying? I was there the past 2 summers.

• I'm staying at Tibet University where I'm teaching filmmaking. Leaving on Wednesday though, and wish I was staying longer. Any spots/sites you recommend I hit before I depart...?

peace.

• Almost forgot to thank you for the AudioHiJack tip...

thanks

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I'm staying at Tibet University where I'm teaching filmmaking. Leaving on Wednesday though, and wish I was staying longer. Any spots/sites you recommend I hit before I depart...?

peace.

Cool. I've got a couple friends at the university. Hmmmm...if you weren't leaving so soon I'd have plenty of recommendations for you, but 3 days isn't much time to explore. Have you been to Lake Namtso yet? If you haven't been there, that's a pretty spectacular one night trip. As far as local stuff, I would recommend going to the nang-ma (the Tibetan disco) at least once. It's an experience, trust me! I guess I'd just recommend exploring the old city by foot and trying as many non-touristy restaurants, tea houses, bars etc. that you can. I know a great place to get [i[chang[/i] if you're interested.

Now that I think about it, you should definitely walk the lingkor at least once (preferably early in the morning). The walk takes between 1.5 and 2 hours, and if you don't have the time make a point to go to chokpori hill (should be on any decent map of the city). Incredible stuff.

• I love audio hyjack pro. It's the ...

• Thanks for the tips. Hit the nang-ma the other night, after about 20 or so bottoms-up beer shots I found myself dropping prayer scarves and kicking it in one of those circle dances. Definitely a night to remember, and glad I cut myself off in time to be able to... The demands of teaching have prevented me from getting Lake Namtso, but it's in the cards to come back...

Is the chang place you speak of that tiny rock cave below the Potala...? That's my spot...

Anyway, I'll hit you with a PM. Be interested to hear more about your experiences...