Big Dude Taste with Little Dude Habits

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I just really have a hard time spending over $20 on a record. I always find that I am willing to spend $50 on 5 decent records and scoff at dropping $50 on a smasher. Seems retarded but it's the way I am wired. My discount gene is real strong. Any other cheap ass folls up in this piece.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    once yo smash that barrier you gong to find it real easy to drop $50+ yet again

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Don't get me wrong I will drop once in a while. And I can get nutty with the big purchase. I once dropped $800 for a stack of 45s pulled out of this producers house. But I got 80 serious unplayed heaters (Akiwawa, Mohawks, Cortez/Moon People, Gales on Savern, etc) for that price.

Dr Cheapass

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I just really have a hard time spending over $20 on a record. Seems retarded but it's the way I am wired. My discount gene is real strong. Any other cheap ass folls up in this piece.

that's my hand going up...

my version goes like this:
    no more than $8/vinyl LP
    no more than $3/vinyl 45
    no more than $17/CD

...and I've done pretty good that way over the past couple of decades! On occasion I'll break my self-imposed rule, but in general I stick to this way of thinking like spots on the dice.

Oh, and one more thing:

THERE AIN'T NOTHING WRONG WITH A REISSUE[/b]

unless they fuck it up

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I agree. I can't complain about what I got especially for the prices I've paid.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The way I see it is, all the 40-50 dollar ebay records even out with all the 1-10 dollar records I find out and about in record stores.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I just spent $90 on the Kashmere Stage Band's "Zero Point" album, and I'm feeling pretty good about it.