What's up on your Saturday?

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
After a week that felt like a month, I'm stuck in because of the heavy rain we had all night. A good time to do dishes, clean up a bit, package records for the kind folks on Soul Strut, pull out and listen to those records that have been hiding from me in the Expedit, and just kick it around the crib today.What are ya'll up to?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    just ran in the rain (still sore from sunday's marathon), now frying bacon, listening to Alice Coltrane WORLD GALAXY (so long since I rocked this), wifey walking around the house quietly, a good day to catch up on what's next.

• working

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm at work. It's ok...........i'll be surfing anyways.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Me and my girl are gonna head for a comfortable bar to read the saturdaypapers while drinking wine and having a snack.

Tonight is a big soccergame, Holland vs the Czech for a ticket to the worldcup (we just need a draw a were qualified). Im watching this on my couch with a few homies.
    So all is good in my hood.

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    Working

Moving the record shop 200 yards down the road in the pissing rain

40,000 records. It was bad enough when i moved house 6 months ago but this.....

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    We were supposed to go to the Drive In tonight for a horror triple feature, but with the constant rain that looks unlikely as of this hour.

So it's cleaning the house, shelving records, maybe having the friends over who we were supposed to with tonight. We shall have to wait and see. At least my new roof is keeping the rain of my records!

• Options
    Doing some remodeling work (aka posting on Soultrut while delaying doing any remodeling work), transferring vinyl to minidisc, building an investment plan for the fall, going swimming at the beach later, hitting two sneaker spots, and taking a girl out to dinner and a movie. It's raining, kind of limited on the overall options.

• horror triple feature

what movies are they?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Man, the rain seems to be putting strain on most of us today!

Hey, anybody on here ever give a CD of old songs you love to someone from that era who made music in a similar genre? I have a connect to Gerald Alston (of the later Manhattans), and I'm thinking of giving some of the shit I'm feelin' and hearing is perspective. When he was at my house last year for a Bar-B-Q, I played him Theo Parrish's "I Can't Take It" ft. Dwele, and dude was kinda impressed.

What do you think about that?

• Work, and the greatest thing in the world next to music:

College Football.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    taking a girl out to dinner and a movie.

The same woman we talked about at the beach?

Me, recovering from 24+hours of travel. Yesterday was 3 countries, 2 missed flights, 4 airports, 3 customs desks, 5 in-flight movies. Seriously jetluggin'. Had a caffe in Naples yesterday morning, lunch in Milan, dinner in London, and a late night snack in the backseat of a cab in Newark.

Looking forward to seeing the homies tomorrow!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Serious. Playing music for babies, ages 1 to 5. It's like the best thing ever.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Welcome back, Eric.

Yo Sween, get at me. I just got my T-Shirt in the mail this week.

That's your gig!!! I saw this on NY1. Is this that baby disco....good idea!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    horror triple feature

what movies are they?

House On Haunted Hill
    Trilogy of Terror(Karen Black!!)
    Frankenstein Must Die!

They do a DriveIn at the Bowie Baysox Stadium, inflatable screen, but with a concession stand and the whole bit. It's seriously like a real old school drive in! And I am hard to please in this area, but I was impressed. We saw Cannonball Run and Stroker Ace the last time we went.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Yeah. Seriously it's fucking super awesome. The kids go crazy.

Yeah. Seriously it's fucking super awesome. The kids go crazy.

"Look, I didnt bring Young Jeezy today."

Do the moms have bad requests or are you left alone?

• My Saturday is dedicated to eating mucho good food and gearing up for Night Owl Record Show tonight.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    This is really a drab day... I think I'm going to get a six pack and prepare for tommorow's games... I think I'll make a list of the things I need to do and try to do something... I just dont have the energy. Record Revival in like a couple weeks though!

• Options
    taking a girl out to dinner and a movie.
    The same woman we talked about at the beach?

Yeah man, mission accomplished. See you tomorrow!

• Options
    Yo Sween, get at me. I just got my T-Shirt in the mail this week.

OH SNAP!!! I just asked moms if we sent one out to a C*s** ***e*, yours was one of the ones where the paypal email never came through! That's happened four times, figures that one has to be a friend of mine.

How does it fit? Seriously Cos, good look thanks a lot for hitting us up like that.

Have fun with the little poopmachines today, drop Lil Louis "French Kiss" breakdown on 'em.

• Options
    Doing some remodeling work (aka posting on Soultrut while delaying doing any remodeling work), transferring vinyl to minidisc, building an investment plan for the fall, going swimming at the beach later, hitting two sneaker spots, and taking a girl out to dinner and a movie. It's raining, kind of limited on the overall options.

Funny that after finishing some of the remodeling work I had to come back on here to see what else I had planned for the day.

• Options
    Sleep, record selecting and a Benefit for a close friend

K.

• Options

"Can I hear Lanier's 25 Hours now?"

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Work from 11-8. Then hopefully an episode or 2 of 6 feet under with the girlfriend later tonight. Real exciting ....

• Selling records (hopefully) then going to a friend's daughter's 21st birthday party. I've known this girl/woman since she was 12. Getting old man!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    trying to relax after a pseudo panic attack better known to most of y'alls as working exrememly late on a Friday night.

Listening to some moder soul

meditating

lifting weights

eating sushi

paying obscene amounts of money to fix my car

and currently: applying deoderant while planning out brunch

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

drinking & playing records

• Just got in from work (hi saturday crew!), struttin' over at a friend's place and about to go see "The 40 year old virgin"- no complaints here.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    tapes followed by fancy lad mediterranean food