Retail store music bug out!

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Ok folls,I'm in the drugstore the other day, wallgreens at the bottom of Queen Anne in Seattle (what up morocco). So i'm going up and down the aisles looking for a toothbrush and what not and there is some corny music playin' on the stores music system. Then Herb Alpert's "Rise" comes on. All right, this is cool. The songs playing then it's about to get to the Biggie "Hypnotize" break. So out loud I say "Oh shit, here comes the break" the other people in the aisle look at me strange. Then the break kicks in and real loud I say "BROOKLYN! UHH" People are trippin' now and I don't care! This made another boring ass mundane trip to the drug store a lot better. Do you ever bug out when you're in a wack retail store and a decent song comes on over the speakers?

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Haha, thats dope. Weirdest song I ever heard in a grocery store- Kraftwerk "radioactivity". No joke.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    not that strange, but my favorite burger king experience was the day i ate inside and herbie's "rockit" played, followed by aretha's "rock steady"

once i heard rock steady in a supermarket

and hip hug-her in another one...

both of these were out of town though. maybe radio plays decent stuff outside of iowa? good luck hearing ANY booker t on the oldies station here...even green onions

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    maybe radio plays decent stuff outside of iowa?

Not really. RadioOne's "oldies" station format would fit about what you're looking for... well, "urban contemporary". The one here plays 50/50 old/new R&B/Soul/etc. They tend to play a lot of the same, mostly all-time popular songs from Funkadelic, Teddy Pendergrass, various early 80s Soul, etc.

Other than that you need some Soulstrut college kid radio show.

• maybe radio plays decent stuff outside of iowa?

What? You don't like Foreigner and Bad Company on repeat on 95 KGGO?

I can't believe the format of that shit. Im not gonna lie to ya tho, that radio station takes credit for introducing me to Hendrix and shit as a youngin'.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    One of my local supermarkets play the "Disco/Club/Freestyle/70-90's" radio station. So every once in a while i'll hear a pop banger that i havent heard in a while.

Lipsyncin' while checkin' the veggies.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Once in an elevator they played The Pharcyde - Passin' Me By. Elevator music styles.

• once in the Piggly Wiggly I heard Triumphs "burnt bisquits"

• hcrunkhcrunk 116 Posts
    once in the library I heard 2 Live Crew "me so horny"

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    95 KGGO?

haha! actually i can probably somewhat credit this station for things i still like today: pink floyd, led zeppelin...

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i'm ALWAYS bugging out when good shit comes on in stores. every time i trek out to whole foods in hillcrest here in san diego they are always playing the dope shit. every aisle always has someone singing along or dancing.