I Love Re-runs

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I've been getting lucky and hitting some good re-runs on TV lately while flicking through the dial.Earlier this week, late at night Fox played 4 episodes of the Shield from 2002. The action was hard as fuck. They locked two guys shooting their crews over an RnB singer in a shipping container after they refused to make peace. When they came back one guy had killed the other. Vic's crew was stealing drugs from a big bust to give to one of the drug gangs they were protecting, etc. I was comparing it in my head to the last season, which I found a little tame. Vic wasn't as raw as usual, and I thought Glenn Close was a stereotypical avenging angel type cop. New season starts in January I think.Even better than that was HBO playing the first season of the Wire. Saw the first two episodes which I never caught. They explain how the whole investigation into the Barksdale crew started with McNaulty mouthing off to a judge. The police higher ups wanted nothing to do with the case and thought it would just blow over with some busts of the lower levels who would spill the beans on the higher ups. Explained how the druggy guy became an informer for the cops, everything. In the 2nd episode the black and white partners along with the square white guy who later became an expert with breaking the phone codes (sorry, my memory is horrible with names) went to the hi-rise projects one night after drinking to try to show the Barksdale gang who was boss and got their car bombed with bottles and burned up after they harrassed a couple passer bys and clocked a teen in the face with a pistol butt which blinded him in one eye. Both epsides were both funny, dramatic and a real indictment of the "war on drugs." Best show on TV.

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    in some ways it's obvious, but one one of the ways i love the wire is that what i admire about it is intangible. i can talk about characters, plot, direction, editing, the good sex scenes, the realism and honest portrayal of desparation, loyalty, love, cold-heartedness and survival, but there's something more that i can't put in words.
    what's that thing?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I am bowing down to ABC for the LOST re-run of Wednesday's episode that's about to go on. I'm so serious, this show kicks some major fuking ass.

fuk an afterhours weekday side-job,

M