Big $ Buying Habits

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
the $50-100 funk/soul lp thread made me wonder how often you folls spend considerable dough (let's say $30+) on records. it seeems like yall own every one of those records and some more pricey ones. so how often are you spending that type of money on a record?"every chance that i get"

Comments

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    every chance that i get

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    the $50-100 funk/soul lp thread made me wonder how often you folls spend considerable dough (let's say $30+) on records.

I'm far from "balling out of controll", but I'll spend 30-50 on a record a few times a month.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    every chance that i get

I think that says it all. I don't have a lot of money to toss around, but I have a pretty good idea of what I have to pay to get a record so at least once every 2 months I spend 30+. As far as $75-100 that's more like once a year for my b-day. I used to make a lot more and I's buy several 30+ a month, but I can't afford that now.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm far from "balling out of controll", but I'll spend 30-50 on a record a few times a month.

Cosign

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    most records i buy cost more than $100 now.

cause im a player.

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    I'm "balling out of control".

My budget is $125-ish a month. Wifey is threatenin'

Do you know what my fiance said?

We have a small apartment.

Is there any chance that one day you'll burn all your records to MP3s and put them on a computer so we can box up all your records and send them away somewhere, far away?

Not bloody likely. I told her there was abetter chance that I'd box her up and send her someplace far away.

Done and done.

But if she ever found out what I spend on records she have my balls in a jar on the shelf.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Not bloody likely. I told her there was abetter chance that I'd box her up and send her someplace far away.

I spend way more than I should, but I'm young and successful with no financial responsibilities. If I didn't spend a ton of money on records, I'd probably just spend more on booze, so it's all good.

DJ Ferrari

If I didn't spend a ton of money on records, I'd probably just spend more on booze, so it's all good.

DJ Ferrari

Thats what her mother says, "at least he's not spending it in a tittie bar"

God-bless-her

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

But if she ever found out what I spend on records she have my balls in a jar on the shelf.

Buddy, you may have a rough night ahead of you...

Anonymous 10/07/05 04:20 PM Reading a post in flat mode Big $ Buying Habits

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

I spend way more than I should, but I'm young and successful with no financial responsibilities. If I didn't spend a ton of money on records, I'd probably just spend more on booze, so it's all good.

Realspeak.

• Save some money for investing in Real Estate there player. HELOC = 300$ records and up only nawmean???

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Save some money for investing in Real Estate there player. HELOC = 300$ records and up only nawmean???

Oh for sure.

I own several properties. I'm doing OK.

But yes,

what's this btw? "HELOC"

Save some money for investing in Real Estate there player.

I'm saving money no doubt, but there's no way in hell I'm buying anything in the bay area right now. Shit is outta control. Folls be taking out interest only loans like it's their job. I'm gonna wait it out a couple years when all those people go broke and lose their homes.

DJ Ferrari

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

what's this btw? "HELOC"

Home Equity Line of Credit

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I spend way more than I should, but I'm young and successful, and don't get me started to talk about my humility[/b]

DJ Ferrari

I spend way more than I should, but I'm young and successful, and don't get me started to talk about my humility[/b]

DJ Ferrari

A question was posed and that was my honest answer... I don't find that arrogant at all. I know you're just playing around, but I actually pride myself in my humility. I guess my Internet personality isn't quite the same as my real life personality. Word,

DJ Ferrari

Im an asshole on and off the court.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

DJ Ferrari

A question was posed and that was my honest answer... I don't find that arrogant at all. I know you're just playing around, but I actually pride myself in my humility. Word,

DJ Ferrari

Just a joke, man.

I guess my Internet personality isn't quite the same as my real life personality.

See, that's not my problem, I'm an asshole in both

biter

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    low level entertainment gig pays shite money. i think i posted this out of supposed jealousy of all you "young and successful" ballers out there. i am officially hating!

gimme ideas to make some loot in my off-hours time so i can stop hating & join the Jung & wealthy crew.

some potential ideas -

1. sell weed
    2. spend all the money i have on serato + other equipment, practice for two months straight, become struggling dj
    3. reply to one of those "make $500-1000/weekly! work at home" ads
    4. become a drunk/become a bartender
    5. become a dooshbag/become a promoter

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    out of control

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    $30+? At least five or six times a month. At a certain point you have all the good cheap stuff.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "sabadabada"

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    i still have trouble paying $20-30 for a record. i prefer to dig forever in the cheap bins and get the satifaction of finding those for $1-10 each. "dig forever" were the key words in there though because it does take a while to turn those records up.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Cosign

Revise: once a month

• The biggest problem is there's not really a big difference between a record I'll spend $5 on and a record I'll spend $50 on.

I buy or trade for 25 - 40 records a month, mostly online these days because I'm too busy to check out local things. From free to a few hundred dollars (on rare occaision). Average purchase price a little over $20. In the last month 9 were at or over $30. Once or twice a month I'll pick up something over a bill, depending on if I am putting in overtime work, which is where the record money comes from.

• Options
    the $50-100 funk/soul lp thread made me wonder how often you folls spend considerable dough (let's say $30+) on records. it seeems like yall own every one of those records and some more pricey ones.
    so how often are you spending that type of money on a record?

5-10 times a week.

K.

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    past two weeks on ebay = 200 dollars

in town = 75

• sconesscones 434 Posts

DJ Ferrari

yup i think exactly the same way. i dont throw down silly amounts really (well not all the time) and at the end of the day you're not pissing it up the wall. its investment. records can make the money back. lets see beer that you'ev already pissed out and flush do that.