Larry Clark's DJ Screw movie.

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone else heard anymore about this? It's supposedly due to go into production soon. Timely as it seems, it's not a cash-in - the person who told me about it said he'd seen a script two years ago. Although I guess green-lighting it now rather than then suggests a cash-in of sorts...

Comments

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    where'd you hear about it?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    A journo in New York who I'm acquainted with through a friend mentioned it. He forwarded me a link to that Kelefa Sanneh article, and added that as a "thought you might be interested to know..." kinda thing. I'm trying to find out a little more about it myself; whether it's a documentary or a "Too Legit To Quit"-type biopic.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    Did Ken Park ever come out in North America? His next joint "Whassup Rockers" is supposed to be about punk rock Latinos in cali.

• heard something to this effect last summer. nothing ever came of it, so i figured it went the way of larry clark's integrity.

mike jones album shipped 600k and LC's ICP show is getting him wins with the alettinati -->

rubinsteinians. cake out of magnolia proportions.

• CLabCLab 76 Posts
    wassup rockers is so face meltingly bad it's almost good again? naw fuck it it's terrible. larry continues to shit the bed with everything he touches, even lachman couldn't save ken park.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    heard something to this effect last summer. nothing ever came of it, so i figured it went the way of larry clark's integrity.

mike jones album shipped 600k and LC's ICP show is getting him wins with the alettinati -->
    rubinsteinians. cake out of magnolia proportions.

Obviously, some hipster somewhere has realised it could now be a hot property. Those Mike Jones numbers are nuts, especially since Warners just did a big deal with Diddy for Bad Boy. It'll be interesting to see who does better.