So who's gonna be at WFMU in Nov.?

NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Roll call, who's planning on crashing WFMU's show a month from now?I'll be there "flossin'" my blue pumas.

Comments

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Is it happening?

• Roll call, who's planning on crashing WFMU's show a month from now?

I'll be there "flossin'" my blue pumas.

This will be my first one. Worth it to go the night before?

Jason

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    i might go. how much is early bird admission?

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Is it happening?

Looks like it: http://www.wfmu.org/recfair/

Wonder if my boy Mustapha will be there?

• I think the early bird is 20.00 4-7pm on Fri., I'll skip that and show at 7pm Fri. when it's free.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Roll call, who's planning on crashing WFMU's show a month from now?

I'll be there "flossin'" my blue pumas.

This will be my first one. Worth it to go the night before?

Jason

I've never paid for the early admission on Friday afternoon, but if you're not going Friday evening, I wouldn't bother at all. Saturday's a waste of time. Might catch some bargains late on Sunday.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I'm going and bringing a Reynaldo sized billfold.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    i just don't know if its worth me droppin 250$ travel costs to come out there for.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'm lookin' to come out again this year. Depends on if I can get Friday off or not. My NY hommie who planned to go and put me up this year just cancelled out on me and will be out of town, so I'd be looking for a pad to crash at for a night. Good times last year though, and the impromptu Strutter Jump-off was dope.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    i'll be there.

• I'm going and giving a Reynaldo sized billfold to Nitekrawler.

Excellent!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'm in FMU retirement.

• i just don't know if its worth me droppin 250$ travel costs to come out there for.

To do what, to sell? It might be worth it if we can arrange some kind of side-swap, seems like lots of heads will be in from out of town.

Tables at FMU are already sold out. I wasn't able to get one either

In terms of buying, it's not worth it if you're trying to make a buck. Just too much comp and if you don't score you really don't score. But there will certainly be heatrocks aplenty, so if you're there for self it might be a good look.

• Anyone else gonna be in NY for the record show? How bout parties or social gatherings based on being a loser that loves records?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    You just might see me there................................

• I'm in FMU retirement.

I'm in FMU retirement.

I'm in FMU retirement.

I'm in FMU retirement.

This shit imho has less good records in it than any other big record show. Too many collectros in one place, too many dealers who are REALLY on some shit with their prices, and that Brazilian dude in particular is WHYLIN with some $200 Os Mutantes records that look like they were fought over by angry dogs. I will say this however: if I were filming a movie about record collectros, I would not miss FMU for the world. Shit has got to be one of the best places to people watch in the world and draws a good cross-section of the record nerd population, from baggy pants tools looking for beats to the Elvis and Beatles humps who are in their 60s and live with mom. I would subtitle it WFMU Record Fair: aka Gathering of the 40 Year Old Virgins.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'm in FMU retirement.

I'm in FMU retirement.

I'm in FMU retirement.

I'm in FMU retirement.

This shit imho has less good records in it than any other big record show. Too many collectros in one place, too many dealers who are REALLY on some shit with their prices, and that Brazilian dude in particular is WHYLIN with some $200 Os Mutantes records that look like they were fought over by angry dogs. I will say this however: if I were filming a movie about record collectros, I would not miss FMU for the world. Shit has got to be one of the best places to people watch in the world and draws a good cross-section of the record nerd population, from baggy pants tools looking for beats to the Elvis and Beatles humps who are in their 60s and live with mom. I would subtitle it WFMU Record Fair: aka Gathering of the 40 Year Old Virgins.

Dude... you summed it up in one little paragraph. Man.. and if I'm not getting sick of the question "Are you going to FMU?" that arises every October. No. Let's not forget the bodily stink and lack of manners, either.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I'm doing a photoshoot in NYC the following week so it looks like I"ll be there.

• Dude... you summed it up in one little paragraph. Man.. and if I'm not getting sick of the question "Are you going to FMU?" that arises every October. No. Let's not forget the bodily stink and lack of manners, either.

Ehhh.....I get to visit friends in Brooklyn so my trip's worthwhile regardless.

• I've never paid for the early admission on Friday afternoon, but if you're not going Friday evening, I wouldn't bother at all. Saturday's a waste of time. Might catch some bargains late on Sunday.

wow, gotta totally disagree with this! i've been selling (and buying) there for many years, and have sold much heat on 45 at way less than ebay prices, but historically have barely moved a thing on fridays. saturdays are when i've sold the bulk of my stuff. and even then, some years there's not a single person who goes all the way through my boxes and really looks/listens. it never fails to shock me, but maybe you guys are just into albums? or maybe you assume that all the good stuff's gone by saturday? bad assumption. also, i've found amazing stuff from other dealers on saturdays. if you're the kind of collector who's looking for the same handful of lp's that everybody else is looking for and hoping to find them at bargain prices, that's one thing, but most other people can do okay on saturday.

full disclosure: i'm an 'fmu dj.

but sayin'...

m

I'm considering going,but on the fence. The question still remains, can I go there and buy stuff to sell to make it worth my while? Real headz would like to know the deal... Plus, I'd like a re-round up of who is going/potentially going.
    Peace!
    T.N.

• I'll be there, I think I'm sharing a table with Soulstrut's own Cardova... I would say if you go early admission you can get lucky. You can clean up scraps on Sunday afternoon. There's a lot of hype around this year but I don't know if it's gonna live up to it at all.

I gotta sit out this year. Enjoy, ya'llz, and let us know what you cop.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Is it happening?

Mustapha from LA???

That dude got RECORDS!

peace.

Is it happening?

Mustapha from LA???

That dude got RECORDS!

peace.

Baltimore, right? He was SLANGIN' last year. Putting out new shit every time I came back around.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'll be there, I think I'm sharing a table with Soulstrut's own Cardova... I would say if you go early admission you can get lucky. You can clean up scraps on Sunday afternoon.

WILL YOU HAVE 24 KT BLACK BOB AZZAM SKULLSNAPS ON SUNDAY?

• I'll be there, I think I'm sharing a table with Soulstrut's own Cardova... I would say if you go early admission you can get lucky. You can clean up scraps on Sunday afternoon.

WILL YOU HAVE 24 KT BLACK BOB AZZAM SKULLSNAPS ON SUNDAY?

Yes. $10 a pop. Buy 3 get 1 free.

YES!

Can you make sure to plaese have a promotional "James Brown By The Shopping Bag Full" plaese?

• YES!

Can you make sure to plaese have a promotional "James Brown By The Shopping Bag Full" plaese?

I'm actually having a fun competition. You guess the number I'm thinking of, you get all my records.