WHAT'S KILLING YOU?

twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
It feels like it's been a while since we had one of these. As of half an hour ago, this has been killing me: The lyrics are a bizarre mix of christianity and ruthless murder in the wild west. PEACEFUL LIFE[/b]the peaceful life on the homesteadit makes me want to get up and move, my thinking's all donecity folks with all of their gold, their fine houses, their fancy clothesi gotta get me somei mean to say that everyonethis is not my kind of lifestealing, killing, i know it ain't rightbuti got to start a new lifea they say it's only hard to killthe very first time you dobut after that it don't take much nerveto do what you got to doyou know i've always obeyed the lordbut i ain't gonna watch the world go bywithout getting knownwhen all the money's in the hands of the fewthat only means there's some shootin' to doand i ain't gonna runi mean to say that everyonethis is not my kind of lifestealing, killing, i know it ain't rightbut i got to start a new lifea they say it's only hard to killthe very first time you dobut after that it don't take much nerveto do what you got to doI HAD THE RIGHT[/b]i've always been a peaceful mani've always shunned a fighti've always lived within myselfand walked in the lord's own lightbut it happened that i killed a man last nightyou know it seemed to me i had the righti did not even know the man his name i never learnedi followed close behind himand shot him as he turnedit wasn't done from anger or from spiteit just seemed to me i had the rightwell his body reeled and spun aroundand then collapsed in placei wonder if he heard the shotor if he'd seen my facehe lay there dead, it was a bloody sightstill it seemed to me i had the righta-last night i dreamed that christ appearedhis body torn and bruisedwell and he said that "i never saw your faceso you don't stand accused"then he turned and said, "good luck in your next fight...reload your gun, you know you have the right"when all the money's in the hands of the fewthat only means there's some shootin' to doand i ain't gonna run[/b]--------------------

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I seriously can't stop listening to this:

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

What is it? What's it sound like?

Here's another Wilderness Road track I just listened to:

Bounty Man[/b]

livin every day by the sweat of my hands
    bounty man, bounty man
    living off the lean and the fat of the land
    oh, the bounty man

a man can be driven just to keep on tryin
    even maybe get into a little bit of lyin
    when you make your livin off another man's dyin
    bounty man, bounty man

don't turn your back on the bounty man
    he'll shoot you in your tracks any time that he can
    don't turn away from a bounty hungry kid
    or you'll never be able to say that you did

some folks like to work their lives all away
    bounty man, bounty man
    makin just enough to eat a little every day
    oh, the bounty man

me, i like to lounge in the lou'siana sun
    handin out silver dollars tips to everyone
    makin sure the undertaker's havin his fun
    bounty man, bounty man

don't turn your back on the bounty man
    he'll shoot you in your tracks any time that he can
    don't turn away from a bounty hungry kid
    or you'll never be able to say that you did

i make my livin my livin by another man's dyin
    i'm a bounty man
    i may be forgivin for a little bit of lyin
    i'm a bounty man

Seriously, the music's a perfect mix of hard rock and country. (Oops, am I revealing too much about twoply?)

What is it? What's it sound like?

Hawaiian Folk/Psych. A beautiful and somewhat haunting album.

I'd like to hear it. Anyone got it on soulseek? (Castile-O, I'm looking your way.)

I'd like to hear it. Anyone got it on soulseek? (Castile-O, I'm looking your way.)

I was actualy just about to send this to the DCast myself. Check thine PMs shortly, twoply.

One of the best blues albums by old white men I've ever heard.

• My girlfriend and eBay. Too many bargains to deal with.

One of the best blues albums by old white men I've ever heard.

Temple's Cure[/b], from the 45 EP that came with the vinyl version of "Picture has Faded."

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    This is not an appropriate 'What's Killing You' type thread 'cause:

A. Only Artifactor has touched on what's killing him, all others are stuck on some type shit.

and...

B. In belongs over there.

I am just saying.

Herm

P.S. No disrepect, Twoply.

[color:white]Bam-baaaaaaaaaa-taaaaaa, ZG. [/color]

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    So depressing people.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    my fucking ride is what's killing me. I always own some 3rd-generation can't-pass-inspection cars that I pay $1,000 for. Put it this way, I'm never the first, but always the last owner of my cars. Anyway, my 1990 Toyota pickup is so messed up now between no muffler and shot brakes, I'm afraid to drive anywhere.
    I don't mind riding my bike to the movies or shopping for records - but try carrying a full hockey equipment bag and two sticks on a 22-mile ride, see, it just ain't gonna happen. My ride is fucking killing[/b] me. And if I keep driving it, it probably really will kill me.

This is not an appropriate 'What's Killing You' type thread 'cause:

A. Only Artifactor has touched on what's killing him, all others are stuck on some type shit.

and...

B. In belongs over there.

I am just saying.

Herm

A. I disagree. Wilderness Road is not about face melting. It's about taking me back. Way back. (And then moving me forward.)

B. Maybe I'm dense, but I have no idea what that means.

(no disrespect taken)

[color:white]The OG "WKY?" thread was in the Announcements thread. [/color]

Right. I'm breaking with tradition then.

[color:white] At first I thought you meant Ian (my name) belongs over there. As in, I should be chillin' at Pete's right now. [/color]

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    hi

[color:white] At first I thought you meant Ian (my name) belongs over there. As in, I should be chillin' at Pete's right now. [/color]

[color:white]Oops, I meant 'IT belongs..."
    [zg]Pete's is working for me right now. I'll try again later.[/zg]
    [/color]

Oh, okay.

hi

So many people have told me to say hi to you that I couldn't possibly list them all.

Dan (the one that lives in your old building) wanted me to remind you he still has all that stuff you guys left in the closet.

[color:white]Oops, I meant 'IT belongs..."
    [zg]Pete's is working for me right now. I'll try again later.[/zg]
    [/color]

Oh, okay.

Let me further explain. From the standpoint of tradition, you're exactly right. This isn't the way "it" is done. But if "it" becomes more important than it, you may be missing the point. I don't think E*ic had any intention of introducing a strict paradigm for everyone to follow. My interpretation of the original question was along the lines of, "What is affecting you so much right now that you need to relieve the pressure by letting a bit of it loose?"

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Damn, ummm, okay. I'll have to call him up. Thanks I*n. Hope PDX is treating you well. We'll have to catch up via fon over the weekend or something. Gotta lay down in the bed I've made.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Whats killing me?
    diagnosed manic depression and no medical insurance to pick up medication
    My brakes gave out today leaving me with a possible $700 bill
    My job ends next week leaving me with no viable paycheck while I finish out the semester
    My 60 year old handicapped mother just got laid off leaving me to be the financial support for 3 people
    the girl I love is in a relationship with some biker dude
    and my back hurts

Aaaah, okay. Understood.

In that case...

"What is affecting you so much right now that you need to relieve the pressure by letting a bit of it loose?"

Guess.

Herm

better roll moms onto that SSI hoLmes

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    tried it, she don't qualify until 62

tried it, she don't qualify until 62

Sorry.

Do we need to have a Guzzo Heatrock?

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Graf's avatar is killing me:

musicwise:

Visual commentary.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

I posted it for BeardedD, who apparently has some deep seeded issues with sexual repression and things involving sexual connotation (or denotation, for that matter).

you're very considerate.

• slushslush 691 Posts

im surprised this doesnt get props more on soulstrut

el rey pascador is my jammy

beautiful, beautiful album

i put psyche II on mixtapes all the time

• I tried to get rights for track three of These Trails and the manager wanted $12,000 for a movie that would probably cost that much... if I shot it on film instead of video. Dude saw absolutely no distinction between a little short movie and a Hollywood production, his mind was totally gone. That record is pretty irritating for the most part, some serious hippies with issues.

Grafwritah your ugly asthetic is tired. But I'm less disgusted by your blowjob avatars than by the pictures of bloody bodies you put up the other day.