SECRET SANTA

99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I know it's early. But are we doing this again this year?

I could really use some more of those $50-$100 Soul/funk pieces..

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

but which ones?

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

but which ones?

Anything that's valuable. I don't really listen to music.

• Y'all are on your own. Last year I set the whole thing up (not an easy task) and even got stiffed by my european match. I gave up asking around May, and have emails from january til then to prove it.

Oh and you're probably wondering who this gentleman was.

So a big shout out to Oliver Von Felbert aka [email]olski@netcologne.de[/email] aka Olski for never following through despite repeated emails and PMs.[/b]

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Y'all are on your own. Last year I set the whole thing up (not an easy task) and even got stiffed by my european match. I gave up asking around May, and have emails from january til then to prove it.

So a big shout out to Oliver Von Felbert aka [email]olski@netcologne.de[/email] aka Olski for never following through despite repeated emails and PMs.[/b]

This is very bizzarre considering he posts here every day.

I always took him for an asshole. This proves it.

Y'all are on your own. Last year I set the whole thing up (not an easy task) and even got stiffed by my european match. I gave up asking around May, and have emails from january til then to prove it.

That's some grimey shit right there. And definitely not it keeping with Christmas Cheer...

I'm getting a sense that it will not happen this year.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    isnt it time for a xmas CDR compilation/mix trade here on soulstrut?

like you get 50 people, everyone make a mix and burn 50 copies. you send em to the guy whos arranging it.. and that dude sends the other 50 back to you. like the other boards are doing it.

isnt it time for a xmas CDR compilation/mix trade here on soulstrut?

like you get 50 people, everyone make a mix and burn 50 copies. you send em to the guy whos arranging it.. and that dude sends the other 50 back to you. like the other boards are doing it.

Sounds like a little too much work for this lazy ass.

How about I just send you some raers instead?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    burn 50 copies

that'd take like twelve days.

couldn't we just post mp3s? since everyone involved clearly has the internet and a cd burner...

i really enjoyed the record exchange, but i'm not organized to organize it this year.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    what kinda stoneage burners do you guys have? it takes a couple of hours... you'll be stranded in front of the computer but you can just browse soulstrut while burning anyways

• This is very bizzarre considering he posts here every day.

If this doesn't sound cheery it's because it isn't. raj was sick of it too last year which is why I took it up in the first place. When I said before olski stiffed me a few months after it happened nobody on the board seemed to care. But facts are facts. It's not like it's been a week, it's been a YEAR. So for this and other reasons you all are on your own.

This is very bizzarre considering he posts here every day.

If this doesn't sound cheery it's because it isn't. raj was sick of it too last year which is why I took it up in the first place. When I said before olski stiffed me a few months after it happened nobody on the board seemed to care. But facts are facts. It's not like it's been a week, it's been a YEAR. So for this and other reasons you all are on your own.

Oliver if you are reading this...Send the man his records.

He spent a lot of time putting this together for everyone.

What is your deal?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    honestly. fuck that dude. i say ban him if we don't get an explaination.

not only was young handcorkscrew kind enough to be the coordinator, but he was also my santa and hooked up the goodies. thus i have a personal interest

get a****** his records and make it something nice, you gotta pay secret santa intrest, i'm thinking stark reality or something of equal or greater value.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

not only was young handcorkscrew kind enough to be the coordinator, but he was also my santa and hooked up the goodies. thus i have a personal interest

get a****** his records and make it something nice, you gotta pay secret santa intrest, i'm thinking stark reality or something of equal or greater value.

did you just *censor* "ashr*ck"?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

did you just *censor* "ashr*ck"?

i censored an**r**, but i think i added an extra letter by accident

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Oliver if you are reading this...Send the man his records.

He spent a lot of time putting this together for everyone.

What is your deal?

At least give the man a chance to reply/defend himself. I mean, maybe he has a good reason for not sending anything 10 months since...

like...

he has no short term memory.

Yeah.

That's it.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Secret Santa is a mind-numbing task. My wife admin'd it in 2002 and 2003 and I had to get her a real nice piece of jewelry in the end to make up for all the time spent. We had a child in 2004 so I said f that and Aschrock took over.

The worst part about it are plethora of dumb ass questions and petty politics of who got who. My advice is PM some homies and vow to send each other some stuff in holiday cheer. The board is way too much of an untamed beast these day anyways.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Dude! Thats some serious bullshit right there. PM your addy Ashrock and I'll send you some shit I know you will like to make up a little for Scrooge McOlski.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I nominate BAMBOUCHE to organize the SSSS this year. And i nominate him to be everyone's secret santa.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I nominate BAMBOUCHE to organize the SSSS this year. And i nominate him to be everyone's secret santa.

For every secret santa gift Bam sends out Deepstank will match it and send you triples