DELAY I SHARE AN AFFINITY FOR PYTHON LEE JACKSON

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
No ayo, I was pleasantly suprised to see "In a Broken Dream" on his itunes or something when I was in NYC. Pure coincidence.

Rod Stewart = on this track, saying.

Great minds think alike?

Fun fact: Rod Stewart's version of "Gladrags and Handbags" was the theme song for the OG UK version of "The Office." Long live Gervais.

Comments

• DELAY AND I SHARE AFFINITY FOR PYTHON

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    PYTHON LEE JACKSON

senor, plaese

PM Blast from Mr. Tom Thumz:

"it was on the tape that was playing in my girl's busted volvo. good memory"

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    yeah, but its the b-side on the US 45 that has got the heat (funk tune sans rod).

• That's pretty crazy to me. I've had the 45 for a while, but it doesn't say Rod Stewart anywhere on it. It just says Python Lee Jackson. I always thought it sounded like him, but was just confused. Mystery solved.

yeah, but its the b-side on the US 45 that has got the heat (funk tune sans rod).

In true Biz fashion

"GOT IT!"

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

In true Biz fashion

"GOT IT!"

graemlin needed

• Rod Stewart = on this track, saying.

He was for many years, particularly with the Faces and early solo stuff. Great material (both originals and covers), great arrangements and great singing-- as many cornball connotations as his voice may now have, that shit is an incredible instrument and he reads a line really well.

• DELAY AND I SHARE AFFINITY FOR PYTHON

His anaconda don't want none unless he got got buns, hon.

FANY FACE WITH A NEW YORK BOOTY

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

the b-side on my copy is "doin' fine," which is a rearranged and retitled "cloud nine" (w/different writers credits). and yes, rod can be heard hollering away!

Why you always gotta tempt me like that? Saying.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

"Boogie Woogie Joe"? That's definitely on the flip of the UK 45 on Young Blood. There's a Spanish bar just off Oxford Street in London which used to have "In A Broken Dream" on the jukebox, but the flip used to get mad play.

Incidentally, they didn't use Rod's version of "Handbags..." for "The Office", but a re-recorded version. The original was actually by Long John Baldry, who died recently, and in whose band Rod got his first break.

Incidentally, they didn't use Rod's version of "Handbags..." for "The Office", but a re-recorded version. The original was actually by Long John Baldry, who died recently, and in whose band Rod got his first break.

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it was Rod's version....

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

In true Biz fashion

"GOT IT!"

graemlin needed

cosign. asap

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

the b-side on my copy is "doin' fine," which is a rearranged and retitled "cloud nine" (w/different writers credits). and yes, rod can be heard hollering away!

Co-sign, that's what's on my copy as well, and the Cloud Nine cover/hijack is on the LP as well.

"In a Broken Dream" is an awesome track, unfukwitable, and "Doin' Fine" is funky rock at it's best.

For all headz saying "Rod Stewart sounds awesome on there, who woulda thought it?" I have to ask, have you never listened to Jeff Beck Group 1st 2 albums?? Or Faces "A Nod is as Good as a Wink??" Rod fucking kills it on those LP's.
    I think Jeff Beck Group's "Plynth" is one of the toughest rock songs evar, complete with SICK DRUM BRAEKS!!!

Yah I'm just saying Rod Stewart sounds good on that track, too. I ain't hating on Rod Stewart. Just his later body of work.