New Gun Laws in Florida (NRR)

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Here's the link to the videohttp://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=64b30595-6c5c-44e5-961e-70f883e2b3af&t=c150&f=06/64&p=News_Top%20NewsWhat do y'all think of this law?Personally, I think shit is fittin to get ugly in FL.

Comments

• People are fuckin' nuts with their guns....jeebus...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    INSANE! Florida is CRAZY. My mother's friend from college was murdered in Florida by a robber with a shotgun. He was robbing her and her husband at gunpoint and the shotgun went off. My mother's friend died in the hospital two days later. This happened at 5PM in a nice area of Tampa. They were tourists on vacation. I remember hearing that Dade county has the highest number of automatic weapons in the country. Stay away from Florida.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    That's fucked up... Damn, anybody who looks the least bit are subject to getting murked. I was actually planning to head down to Florida but I think I'll pass...
    Jeb Bush passing this ridiculous law=

I remember a few years ago at one point in Dade county people were able to legally carry handguns as long as they were not concealed. Fools were walking around with glocks in holsters on their belts!

Question: Was Jeb Bush governor during this time period?

• Question: Was Jeb Bush governor during this time period?

Need you ask???

I'm packin' mahfuckas.....[/b]

Question: Was Jeb Bush governor during this time period?

Need you ask???

I'm packin' mahfuckas.....[/b]
    HAHA!
    Hello, L**ry.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I remember a few years ago at one point in Dade county people were able to legally carry handguns as long as they were not concealed. Fools were walking around with glocks in holsters on their belts!

I think that's actually legal in the who US, no? When I was delivering Pizza while going to college, one of the guys I worked with used to come to work with the armpit holsters packing.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I can't see the video. What's it about?

• I remember a few years ago at one point in Dade county people were able to legally carry handguns as long as they were not concealed. Fools were walking around with glocks in holsters on their belts!

I think that's actually legal in the who US, no? When I was delivering Pizza while going to college, one of the guys I worked with used to come to work with the armpit holsters packing.

I think in most places you have to have special permits to carry any handgun...

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

To my knowledge, most US states have concealed carry laws.

Ohio was one if the last holdouts up until last year when one went into effect.

People predicted gunfights like the wild, wild, west.

Yet it seems the only ramification has been the sticker industry raking in extra millions this year as every store and public building in the state slapped up NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED stickers on their doors.

INSANE! Florida is CRAZY. My mother's friend from college was murdered in Florida by a robber with a shotgun. He was robbing her and her husband at gunpoint and the shotgun went off. My mother's friend died in the hospital two days later. This happened at 5PM in a nice area of Tampa. They were tourists on vacation. I remember hearing that Dade county has the highest number of automatic weapons in the country. Stay away from Florida.

That's terrible, honestly.

But that a ridiculous conclusion to draw. That type of story is on the nightly local news in most any metro area in the US.

• Here are some good statistics I just found on gun violence. I never realized over 50% of gun deaths were from Suicide.

http://www.ichv.org/Statistics.htm

That's terrible, honestly.

But that a ridiculous conclusion to draw. That type of story is on the nightly local news in most any metro area in the US.

True, I was not trying to imply that Florida is the most dangerous state when it comes to guns. Southern Florida does have a very high number of gun related deaths per year. The ENTIRE U.S. is dangerous and crazy when it comes to guns.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

To my knowledge, most US states have concealed carry laws.

Ohio was one if the last holdouts up until last year when one went into effect.

People predicted gunfights like the wild, wild, west.

Yet it seems the only ramification has been the sticker industry raking in extra millions this year as every store and public building in the state slapped up NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED stickers on their doors.

Yes, but before Ohio passed the concealed carry law I believe it was legal to carry a firearm around in public as long as it WASN'T concealed, assuming you had all the paperwork for it. That's the whole point of concealed carry laws, and I seem to remember some gun dudes marching for the concealed carry law in Columbus or somewhere with guns out in the open.

Yes, but before Ohio passed the concealed carry law I believe it was legal to carry a firearm around in public as long as it WASN'T concealed, assuming you had all the paperwork for it. That's the whole point of concealed carry laws, and I seem to remember some gun dudes marching for the concealed carry law in Columbus or somewhere with guns out in the open.

Mmmmm possibly, I really don't know. Let's just say I never saw anyone carry a gun in public... well, where the regular public would be.

I think you're right though, I know weapons had to be out in the open in the car, like laying on the seat or something.

or for transport they were supposed to be in the trunk, unloaded, and for shotguns etc. they had to be open.

Something like that. But as for walking around, never saw one. But very well could be.

• america is a violent country founded on violent destruction of the native population and mass enslavement of another large part of the population.

america is a violent country founded on violent destruction of the native population and mass enslavement of another large part of the population.

That more like the human species modus operandi, really.

How many countries are founded on or have participating in at least some of the above? A general inner-focus seems to be the norm.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    People are fuckin' nuts with their guns....jeebus...

Some people are also completely responsible with their guns -- I'd suspect the vast majority.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    you can carry a gun in New Mexico but it can't be loaded. I used to carry my .380 around all the time.

In texas it's the same but you can get a concealed carry permit if you pass a test.

I can't watch the video above cause I'm on a mac but yeah...that's what I know about carrying weapons.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I dont really see that gun laws do a whole shit load of good anyways.

Seems to me that the government floods the ghetto's with illegal firearms that almost anyone can attain for about a third of what it would cost to legally own one.

Then, Citizens demand action to curtail rampant gun violence which therefore gives the same government precedent to confiscate the guns of responsible people.

As a result, people lose their right to carry firearms. Which I used to think was an outdated thing, but these days im holding steadfast to any and all rights ive got.

I dont have any guns, but that doesnt mean im okay with giving up my right to get one should i feel a need.

I think anyone that believes that legal restrictions on gun owndership will have any significant effect on the amount of gun violence that occurs is probably mis informed.

Why should you not be able to carry a gun?