whaddya know about Mexican music?

hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I bought some Mexican 45s at a Goodwill a little while back, trying to find more info about these artists/labels/etc. I think most of them are from the early 70s.Los Premiers- Piensalo Mi Bien/El Rencor (Buena Suerte)Roy Montelongo- No Sigas Llorando/Te Regana Tu Senora (Texas)Los Pablos- La Nave Del Olvido/Congha Perdida (Tear Drop)Chayito Valdez- Besos Y Copas/Celosa (Musimex)Lorenzo de Monteclaro- Adios Amor/El Ausente (DLV)Hermanos Hernandez- Son Tus Celos/Derrotada (Del Valle)Irene Rivas- Tonto/No Te Dejare De Amar (Ca$h)The Phases- Si Borracho Estoy/Movida Chueca (Gapoca)Los Mananeros- Ando Curando Una Herida/Solo Muy Solo (Discos Fama)

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    talk to meaty ogre, that dudes deep with the latin ish

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    talk to reynaldo, that dudes deep with the latin ish

• Options
    Paging Meatyokra. I'm confident he knows what he's doing wih these records.

K.

• Los Pablos- La Nave Del Olvido/Congha Perdida (Tear Drop)

Tear Drop, Isn't that a rockabilly label.

• Irene Rivas- Tonto/No Te Dejare De Amar (Ca$h)

i have a record by irene rivas but its on cara not cash. and if you only have a 45 then you dont know that she was a CUTIE! oh, and the lp is alright with 1 ballad that i really like.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

I wouldn't say that I'm "deep" with this shit, I've just wasted a great portion of time wading through crap like this, and have learned what labels to completely avoid, and which are interesting. I don't know what I'm doing with my records you porkie pies.

Los Premiers- Piensalo Mi Bien/El Rencor (Buena Suerte) Tex Mex label, which I beleive was run by Little Joe o(of the Latinaires). I haven't heard it, seen the cover though, and it looks like Little Joe and Latinaires band playing maybe dancy tunes, and probobly some standard ballads. Most of the "soul" covers on this label are sub-par to the originals.

Roy Montelongo- No Sigas Llorando/Te Regana Tu Senora (Texas) gotta be some bolero or ranchera jammz

Los Pablos- La Nave Del Olvido/Congha Perdida (Tear Drop) Sunny and the Sunliners label, I don't remember if I've heard this title, but I recall their other stuff being a mix of cumbias and maybe a "soul" ballad.

Chayito Valdez- Besos Y Copas/Celosa (Musimex) One of the most famous Ranchera singers in the 60s avoid.

Lorenzo de Monteclaro- Adios Amor/El Ausente (DLV) Pretty sure this is some boleros or ranchera. if so, avoid.

Hermanos Hernandez- Son Tus Celos/Derrotada (Del Valle) Ranchera for sure. Although one LP I found of thiers has a garage rockish tune on it, but wasn't good. avoid.

Irene Rivas- Tonto/No Te Dejare De Amar (Ca$h) Female vocal orchestral crap, never seen the label though. Maybe some drama loopz. Don't know the label.

The Phases- Si Borracho Estoy/Movida Chueca (Gapoca) cumbia? let me know if this is any good. From the titles I'm guessing its some type of dance music.

Los Mananeros- Ando Curando Una Herida/Solo Muy Solo (Discos Fama) I don't think I've ever found a good record on this label, and I've probobly listened to 100s of different titles. I'm assuming this is some more group ballad rock gahbage?