After the Club We Gon' Touch Your Yacht

MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
00:49 seconds into Beanie's "Feel it in the Air:"

"I'm still afloat,

I ain't the captain of the YACHT[/b]

but I'm on the boat"

It all makes sense now.

But yeah, I figured there was already a thread about this and I should get a late pass, but I got "The B. Coming," dubbed it onto MD and been listening yesterday and today, and wow its really good front to back. A full fuckin album for once, ya know?

Tonight I'm gonna reinspect that Masta Killa LP, "No Said Date." That one slipped through the cracks imo, he brought it back to the essence of the W. [/cornball]

You guys been re-discovering any recent albums or old albums or recommend any albums that slipped through the cracks?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I thought this was going to be a threat to Faux_Rillz.

• I really like that song "School" on the Masta Killa album.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I thought this was going to be a proposition to Faux_Rillz.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This thread is a place for Real Talk???--a lotta y'all poptarts got no business in here.

I thought this was going to be a proposition to Faux_Rillz.

Ahhhh....

"Captain Rillz says touch the yacht, baby!"

• This is a record collecting website, not a hirsute gentlemans forum.

Jesus, what did you google to get that picture?

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Ya oughtta slip this through your cracks:

Jesus, what did you google to get that picture?

"sexy man". Didn't have to go past page one either!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    could you give me a number btwn 1 and 10 roe the beanie album?

• Jesus, what did you google to get that picture?

"sexy man". Didn't have to go past page one either!

< audible shudder >

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    could you give me a number btwn 1 and 10 roe the beanie album?

Huh? Um... I guess... 9 ish or so? One or two beats was like "meh" for me, but otherwise solid.

little dude question:

What the fuck is Peedi saying at the end of "I Gotta Have It?"

sounds like "se bone se bone se bone dobeneezy"

• se pone muy dificil

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    a 9 is like ill be playing that shit at the family reunion picnic 15 years from now. a 9. u sure. superclassic 8.5 to 10.

a-ha!! thanks.

a 9 is like ill be playing that shit at the family reunion picnic 15 years from now. a 9. u sure. superclassic 8.5 to 10.

Why you keep in' me dog? ha, yeah I don't know, 8, happy now? Go listen to it.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

You guys been re-discovering any recent albums or old albums or recommend any albums that slipped through the cracks?

The Maroons EP was at least a 7. Production was airtight.

And the Perceptionists.

And I'm still feelin' RA's album. That hidden bonus track is like:

Yeah I'd like to hear both of those. I was curious about the Maroons starting when they had that track on the Quannum comp back in (what was it?) '98 or '99.

Perceptionists is good? The only thing I've been skeptical about was Fakts production. Lif and Akro are always razor sharp and have good chemistry. Now if they had Edan producing that album, it'd be How did the beats turn out on that one?

RA's album.

who's RA?

oop, edited 'cause I realized its the Rugged Man. Never really checked for that guy's music.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Perceptionists is good? The only thing I've been skeptical about was Fakts production. Lif and Akro are always razor sharp and have good chemistry. Now if they had Edan producing that album, it'd be How did the beats turn out on that one?

Lif and Akro have amazing jive. They go together like the zipper on a butta leather. It makes up for any Fakts shortcomings on beats.

Now go out and cop Maroons. (That's the former Solesides intern in me tryin' to boost album sales). For real though. It'll make your weekend. X's production is pure

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I liked the second half of the perceptionists album... it hink around track 5 or 6 on... The first part almost made me pull it from the deck.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Lif and Akro have amazing jive. They go together like the zipper on a butta leather. It makes up for any Fakts shortcomings on beats.

Now go out and cop Maroons. (That's the former Solesides intern in me tryin' to boost album sales). For real though. It'll make your weekend. X's production is pure

Not for nothing, but Xcel (and Quannum overall) have been making some terrible music. The only thing I really liked was the latest Lifesavas single and the Gift of Gab solo album (Vitamin D and Jake production made Gab come tight).

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i was recently watching a rerun of special victims unit and the internet child molestor they were after went under the screenname B>YACHTMAN/B>